Xyelene

Add 2 Gal. on race day.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Has anyone tried Xyelene in thier alcohol injection kits?...Damon
It's an ingredient in pump gas. Adding a couple gallons on race day is suppose to really smooth out the motor & increase octane raging.

68COUGAR

Are you talking about toluene? I've seen that used to make a so called "high octane street/race" gas. It does actually work too.

All of those octane boosters are good for producing more power but you must be careful of the side effects.Most are extremely poisonous and can be absorbed thru the skin as well as thru breathing.Most of them also dry up the lubricant that is present in your fuel as well,thats why most just run windshield washer fluid that is a 50/50 mix of water and alcohol.

The recommended amount of octane is an increase of 2 octane for each psi of boost.So if you set the water injection turn on to say 5 psi then you would need to have 20 pts of octane increase for an additional 10 lbs of boost.It is a delicate balance when you start to change the system as you change one thing it effects all.If you install a more effecient ic or blower you will also need more fuel as the denseness of the air will need more fuel.Balance is the key thats why the water injection system is good for all because it is flexible as you add components on the car.

Okay while toulene is ok its not as good as Xylene I have used this as an octane booster for quite some time and LOVE it. The difference between the 2 is that toulene is only 112 octane and only adds 2-2.5 points where the xylene is at 119 octane and adds 3-4 points. I add this stuff to my tank at a ratio of 1 gallon of xylene for every 10 gallons. Never detonate on it.

boostedbird said:
Okay while toulene is ok its not as good as Xylene I have used this as an octane booster for quite some time and LOVE it. The difference between the 2 is that toulene is only 112 octane and only adds 2-2.5 points where the xylene is at 119 octane and adds 3-4 points. I add this stuff to my tank at a ratio of 1 gallon of xylene for every 10 gallons. Never detonate on it.
i assume you mean that xylene in 93 octane will bump it up to 96-97 octane?
Because i think an octane point is considered .1, .2, .3 etc... just want to make sure theres no confusion

Back