PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio SC'ers?

89SCK@t
09-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Any takers? Or is Huston the closest SC/XR7 gathering?

Stephen

speed95
09-10-2005, 10:56 AM
I believe there are a few guys in your area but not sure. Here in Houston there are alot of SC's. Over here most of the T-Bird guys like to meet up atleast once a month. There are a few of us that meet up almost every weekend. If you ever head this way let me know. I can call the guys and get a meet going.

Chris

Still Crusin
09-12-2005, 04:14 PM
There's a guy named Andy who has the user name of Ilusnforc that lives in San Antonio. At least as far as I know he still lives there. Don't have much contact with him and he doesn't post here very often. But he has a real nice SC. You can do a post search using his user name and e-mail him.

txsc
09-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Any takers? Or is Huston the closest SC/XR7 gathering?

Stephen

I'm in S.A. I have 2 '89 SC's and a '90 XR7. Any ideas for a location? There's a cruise night every Friday evening at Biff Buzby's at Topperwein and IH35. Or we can just pick one of the Hooter's around town. There's a good one off Fredricksburg Rd. near USAA, or near where I live on IH35 in Selma across from Retama Park. There's also people gathering on Austin Hwy. in a parking lot up the hill from the new Lowe's / WalMart on either Fri or Sat evening. Haven't been there in a while, though.

I don't know how many more of us there are around town.

JD

89SCK@t
09-15-2005, 09:57 PM
I have only been in SA for like 2 weeks. I am right down the street from the hooters on fredricksburg...I live on Cinnamon creek.

I did see a white SC 89-93 driving east on 10 as I was going west. Looked nice on the outside.

txsc
09-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I have only been in SA for like 2 weeks. I am right down the street from the hooters on fredricksburg...I live on Cinnamon creek.

I did see a white SC 89-93 driving east on 10 as I was going west. Looked nice on the outside.

Yeah, that was probably me. I've never seen another white SC in the city. I'm sure there are more, but SC's aren't real common around here.

JD

89SCK@t
09-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Do you know of anyone having a red SC near randolph AFB? I saw it at a car shop there...Beautiful...

Your white one is a hell of a lot better looking than mine. You can ask anyone in the hampton roads section...they've all seen it...just about all of them.

txsc
09-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Do you know of anyone having a red SC near randolph AFB? I saw it at a car shop there...Beautiful...

Your white one is a hell of a lot better looking than mine. You can ask anyone in the hampton roads section...they've all seen it...just about all of them.

I saw a lady driving a red SC a few weeks ago that turned off of 78 into Randolf AFB. I think it had a military sticker on the windshield. I told my neighbor, who's retired Air Force, to take me on base some time to hunt it down. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks for the kind words. I brought my white SC home from Michigan this April. It was a one-owner with 40K miles on it. It had been sitting 3-4 years when I bought it. It's a real time capsule, and I've just been detailing it and driving it occasionally.

I got my wife a titanium SC the month before (auto) and she drives it to work. It had a few more miles on it, but it's also a super-nice survivor. I brought it home from the Milwaukee area.

Last month, I bought a '90 XR7 with 30K miles out in San Angelo. It had an ignition switch/column fire, and has been sitting since '97. Right now, I have the interior gutted for cleaning and parts replacement, but it should be going back together in a week or so. It looks practically new.

I'll let you know if I run down the red SC.

JD

TbirdSCFan
09-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey you guys... keep in mind the SC shoot out which is coming up in October. I think it would be fun to meet up and convoy (if possible) to OKC. :cool: ;)

ilusnforc
09-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Sorry I've been away from SCCoA for so long, my Afghan Hound keeps me really busy.

Surprisingly I haven't seen any SC's on Randolph and I've been working there for about a year and a half now... I will definitely have to stop if I see it though.

TXSC - I need to see that XR7... I'll stop by sometime.

txsc
09-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Sorry I've been away from SCCoA for so long, my Afghan Hound keeps me really busy.

Surprisingly I haven't seen any SC's on Randolph and I've been working there for about a year and a half now... I will definitely have to stop if I see it though.

TXSC - I need to see that XR7... I'll stop by sometime.

Come by sometime (after the storm blow thru); you know where I'm at.

JD

XR7 Dave
09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, SC Shootout- you don't want to miss it this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. You will meet the legendary John Shelton from CA, the currently fastest SC on the planet Kevin Leitem, you'll have the chance to whipass on SWB 003.... what more could you ask for.

Even if you've only owned your SC for a short time this is the one thing you don't want to miss out on. Call in sick if you have to - did I say that? :eek:

TbirdSCFan
10-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Can we count at least 3 SCers from San Antonio? Come-on guys.. lets get some enthusiasm going here. You'll never have such a convenient chance to meet such a collection of great cars and people. In fact, you may never have another chance to meet such a crowd. Some of these cars will be sold; the next national get together may be way up North East, who knows.. :cool: :cool:

ilusnforc
10-02-2005, 01:31 AM
I will be there!

Strange enough, I just found a new SC owner today. I went to a friends house and there was an '89 SC in the neighbors driveway. I walked over to talk to them, they didn't know about the Shootout... But I told them I would swing by again with the SC so they can see it. Would be nice if they could take the opportunity to make a trip to Oklahoma, it would be a great experience for a new SC owner.

TbirdSCFan
10-02-2005, 03:00 AM
or near where I live on IH35 in Selma across from Retama Park. There's also people gathering on Austin Hwy. in a parking lot up the hill from
JDI have family in UC. ;) which means you're on the way whenever I come to town. :cool: BTW, I'll be in town Oct 19-21.. Its 50/50 as to whether or not I'll drive the SC.. I need to bring some big stuff down and may need to take the wifes mini van and leave her with the SC for a few days.

txsc
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
I have family in UC. ;) which means you're on the way whenever I come to town. :cool: BTW, I'll be in town Oct 19-21.. Its 50/50 as to whether or not I'll drive the SC.. I need to bring some big stuff down and may need to take the wifes mini van and leave her with the SC for a few days.

Sent you a PM

JD