another ? about AODE to M5R2 swap...

That One Guy

I have a 93 auto and just bought everything I need for the swap from a 90 car...and I have read other threads but havent been able to find if the tranny crossmembers are the same? Thanks for input, Mike

That One Guy said:
I have a 93 auto and just bought everything I need for the swap from a 90 car...and I have read other threads but havent been able to find if the tranny crossmembers are the same? Thanks for input, Mike

Pretty sure the crossmembers are the same, but the mount is different.

mn12sc35th said:
Pretty sure the crossmembers are the same, but the mount is different.

So it wont bolt right in it's place? is there some kind of modification I have to do?
thanks again

That One Guy said:
So it wont bolt right in it's place? is there some kind of modification I have to do?
thanks again

The actual rubber mount is different. It should bolt up from what I remember. It's been a while since I looked at the crossmember on either car (SC is a 5spd NA is an auto), but I'm pretty sure the crossmember was the same.

I just did this. The crossmember is the same and the rubber mount is the same. The part that's different is the metal piece that attaches to the transmission on one side and the rubber mount on the other side. Get that piece and you are good to go. Have fun with it.

Sean

Back