Car pulls to the right

Katoom

Any ideas guys?

Car pulls to the right. Wheel bearings are fine, tires are brand new (old tires did too) lower ball joints are new, (Moog) upper control arms are good, inner and outer tie rods are all good, no brakes are dragging, everything in the front and rear end is good, tight and greased. The car has been on two different alignment racks (4 wheel align) that say the numbers are all in spec. In fact, the one tech said he's never seen a car this straight as far as #'s go.

I adjusted (after the alignments) the lower control cams, both CCW from in car position. This pushed out the bottom of the pass side tire, and tucked in the drivers. It's better, but stil not the way it should be. I marked the lower cams for original position, so I can put them back if I find the root of the problem. Struts and shocks are all good.

Nobody seems to be able to figure this out. Car has not been smucked up.....I've owned it for 10 years.......this problem started about 3 years ago. Replaced prettymuch everything, its not as bad but still not great.

Strut towers are not rotted, no structural problems with the car, which is a 90 XR7 S/C. 313,000KM (195,000MI) geez I'm on the original motor too. Heads have been done and thats it.

Hope somebody has some insight
Rick
roadapples@amtelecom.net

Back