Engine Help

andy89

Hi
I was just wondering if any other 3.8 will work in my supercoupe. I heard that a 94/95 3.8 is strong enough. Any help would be great. Im only 19 but I have worked on a lot of motors, and I have put a lot of rod bearings in. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A ROD BEARING AS BAD AS THIS ONE, IT GOT SHREADED, IT WAS PAPER THIN.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
thanks

andy89 said:
Hi
I was just wondering if any other 3.8 will work in my supercoupe. I heard that a 94/95 3.8 is strong enough. Any help would be great. Im only 19 but I have worked on a lot of motors, and I have put a lot of rod bearings in. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A ROD BEARING AS BAD AS THIS ONE, IT GOT SHREADED, IT WAS PAPER THIN.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
thanks

Not too have a "pissing contest" but look at the pics of my crank in the non tech. forum, when i took the rod cap off of the #6 rod, it was gone, it was all in the bottom of the oil pan....... And to answer your question, no i do not believe there is another 3.8 motor that would work, atleast, that im aware of....

Derek

I wouldn't risk it unless you are going to leave the blower off. I read a good article on this site as to what the difference between the 3.8 and the S/C versions are. They are totally different.

Blocks and heads are stamped S/C. Pistons are super tough on the S/C. S/C is totally built. Auto trannies have different cams than the motors mated to 5 gears.

If you are constantly replacing rod bearings in one particular motor, there must be a problem of some sort. In that case I would find a good S/C long block and go from there.

I've got 200,000 tough miles on my original 3.8 S/C and the bottom end is still tight. It's had the head gaskets done thats it. I run Motorcraft 5W30 and Fl-400S oil filters. Actually, I've switched to Formula Shell 5W30 this year. Never had a drop of synthetic oil in it.

Back