Question? Oil Filter mount/Oil Cooler

Jeff Bratton

Hello All! Hey, Wondering if there is an aftermarket Oil Filter mount/Oil Cooler? The piece with the (2) Coolant lines running to it.

FORD With My discount is just short of around 290 bucks. Green Sales does not have one, nor does Vintage Parts Inc.

The gasket between the cooler and the timing cover was shot.... replaced it! It was leaking badly. My other issue is the surface to where you tighten the Oil filter, one section (a thumb size) area, has a slight slope/dent you would say in it. Not sure how it happened either. That area is showing NO sorts of markings either! :confused: O'Well

I at least got the major leaking problem solved. :rolleyes:

Any idea's on where to get a new one only?

Thanks in Advanced!

Jeff B.

I got a pump from a 94 (higher volume) and the oil cooler for about $5.00 on ebay. My oil cooler is dented like that also. I think it's from torquing the filter too tight. How do you know your oil pump is leaking at the timing cover? Just curious since I haven't replaced mine yet and I think the majority of the oil is leaking from the dent in the oil cooler.

NMxr7SC said:
How do you know your oil pump is leaking at the timing cover? Just curious since I haven't replaced mine yet and I think the majority of the oil is leaking from the dent in the oil cooler.
I started the car and looked to where it was coming. It was continuously flowing like a pencil led like flow. There is a gasket that looks just like the gasket on your Oil filters which Fords sells still, so I just bought that. When I took my oil pump/cooler (FORD refers it to this), that particular gasket was nearly gone. Replaced that one. I noticed the filter was leaking when I put pressure on it and in cleaning the area afterwards is when I noticed the dent.

Jeff B.

Back