That is it, I'm moving to Australia, check these Ford Vehicles out

unclenick

JUST KIDDING, check this out.............

Yea, we get the shaft here in the good ole' USA. Ford should bring this truck here to the States! :eek:

1187_23x02x200541801PM.jpg

It is called the Ford Super Pursut. V-8 power, gobbs of HP and torque and looks bad a$$ to boot.

1198_23x02x200544216PM.jpg

Or maybe you need a family sedan, you say...check this one out V-8 powered, 6 speed, 19 inch wheels/tires.....called the GT-P

355_1x24x200382610PM.jpg

GOD I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya all need to go to this site for Ford Performance Vehicles for Australia ONLY

FORD PERFORMANCE VEHICLES

Yep, we get the Focus, Fusion and other lame crap(excluding the GT and Mustang) :mad:

AWD SCHmallweel drive, if you can drive, you dont need it. But that typhoon is super ~~~~in' sick! :D

jOe

Cool cars

Makes you wonder how coem they dont offer stuff like that in the US

I assume Au also has crash standards and emmision standards also

Conan56 said:
Makes you wonder how coem they dont offer stuff like that in the US

I assume Au also has crash standards and emmision standards also

Yep, they do. If you read into the link they mention C02 standards and pass safety also.

I did more looking on the web about these cars and they were designed for right hand drive only and it would cost too much for Ford to re-tool and make them left hand drive. I guess we can look at them on the web only. :(

If Ford brought them here, Dodge could take their "HEMI" Charger and go back and sit on the porch.

yea man aussie is getting all the fun cars, the typhoon, the fpv gt. than you got the holden cars out there.

at least there is a country in the right track of cars and not just FWD everything

unclenick, actually I saw on another forum months ago where there was an artical that stated that Ford was bring that Super Pursut truck to the states. If I can find the link to it I will post it up. If I remember correctly the pricing for it was not outradious either.

Shane

quick35th said:
unclenick, actually I saw on another forum months ago where there was an artical that stated that Ford was bring that Super Pursut truck to the states. If I can find the link to it I will post it up. If I remember correctly the pricing for it was not outradious either.

Shane

Oh we can dream for Ford to hear our prayers :)

1113_23x09x200422944PM.jpg

AWD SCHmallweel drive, if you can drive, you dont need it. But that typhoon is super ~~~~in' sick

I ran 12.60@113.8mph last weekend on stock tires, which means I can outrun just about every supercoupe slicks or no slicks with the exception of a few, all while being totally street legal. AWD is king of the 60 foot.

Edit: Dyno'd 320awhp to the wheels (but I was on race gas for the 1/4 mile times, no adjustment in timing, just a little more boost)

Ya Thats Nice Fast

Why dont you Venture over to one of the ricer Pages and Boast about that This is a SUPERCOUPE website for SUPERCOUPE enthusiasts
Noone On here prob really cares that your lil 4cyl turbo is faster then a 4000lb SC

I have a Low 11 sec GN do you see me Commenting on how its faster then almost every SC in existence? No Of course I wouldnt

You have the typical ricer attitude You Prob Dont know anything about your car I bet you either Pay someone to work on it Or you just added the Simple Things Like ADJ boost controller

High 12s in that car takes NO effort what so ever SO its nothing to brag about Now if you were to come on here and Boast how your car turns Low 11s or high 10s and You have Pulled the head and changed the cam/turbo ect...

Maybe Someone would comment you on your accomplishments

Dont come to a SC site and talk crap
Go bother the other ricers Somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sure Im speaking on behalf of many other SC owners

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS can I get a Owned?????????

Last edited:
1FASTSC said:
I ran 12.60@113.8mph last weekend on stock tires, which means I can outrun just about every supercoupe slicks or no slicks with the exception of a few, all while being totally street legal. AWD is king of the 60 foot.

Edit: Dyno'd 320awhp to the wheels (but I was on race gas for the 1/4 mile times, no adjustment in timing, just a little more boost)

low quarter mile times ain't everything- one thing you should also realize is most of those imports don't have immediate grunt from a roll where it really counts on the street. But i know most of them don't dyno at 320whp either. So your car can pull hard on the bottom and top end... but in a street situation you will find some modded SC's to be a formidable challenge. I can honestly say that I used my "instant grunt power" and pulled on a Dodge Neon SRT-4 the other day going uphill near 110mph, and he was trying his best to reel me in but didn't. i only slowed down because i was coming up to my exit. You might get SOME sc's on the track, but you are definitely going to have a harder time beating up on them on the street.

the only exceptional import that i know of are the "king of the hill" type supras- they have so much top end hp that their turbo lag is grossly overcompensated by it's prodigious top end power level and extreme gear leverage.

Last edited:
ford-aims-04-3-big.JPG
ford-aims-04-2-big.JPG
ford-aims-04-1-big.JPG

this is 360hp and 405ft/lb not sure of the engine thats in it but it is turbo intercooled 4.0 6cyl
1163_4x10x200444916PM.jpg

and a t-56 6speed :)

man ford is really killing it out there. i would love to have one of these

Why is that American cars are MUCH sharper in foreign markets? What does that say about the Big 3's opinion of us? Kind of insulting if you ask me. We get plastic knobs and crap all over and they get streamlined and contemporary dashes. Looks like an Infiniti interior almost.

I would LOVE it if they brought that styling over at least, I think they'd be able to branch into higher income markets if they did.

Oh, and you can't call "owned" on yourself, someone else has to do it :) Gotta wait for a ref to make the call :)

Edit: Sorry, quoted the pics and it was too big at first.

The reason that the Aussies and Zealanders get those killer cars is due to the fact that ANZ emissions standards are MUCH more lax than US. How lax?

US calls for HC of 220ppm and CO of 1.2% for all cars 1981 and newer.

ANZ states 3000ppm and 7%

Leaves a TON of room for those hi-power V8s!

Unfortunately there are NO plans for exporting ANZ vehicles to the USA-just speculation and rumors at this time.

Birdman93 said:
The reason that the Aussies and Zealanders get those killer cars is due to the fact that ANZ emissions standards are MUCH more lax than US. How lax?

US calls for HC of 220ppm and CO of 1.2% for all cars 1981 and newer.

ANZ states 3000ppm and 7%

Leaves a TON of room for those hi-power V8s!

Unfortunately there are NO plans for exporting ANZ vehicles to the USA-just speculation and rumors at this time.

Sounds to me like we need to find some ANZ parts distributors.

Why dont you Venture over to one of the ricer Pages and Boast about that This is a SUPERCOUPE website for SUPERCOUPE enthusiasts
Noone On here prob really cares that your lil 4cyl turbo is faster then a 4000lb SC

I didn't mean it to be boastful, just an extreme perspective. The person I was replying to, was saying that you don't need AWD if you can drive, and I totally disagree.

I have a Low 11 sec GN do you see me Commenting on how its faster then almost every SC in existence? No Of course I wouldnt

You're taking my comment completely out of context, I wasn't making the comment for the sake of making a comment, I was making the comment because it was relating a RWD to an AWD, although I can see why you saw it as boastful.

You have the typical ricer attitude You Prob Dont know anything about your car I bet you either Pay someone to work on it Or you just added the Simple Things Like ADJ boost controller

I don't understand how you percieve my attitude as typical ricer, but you're entitled to your opinion. I have done most of the work to my car myself, with the exception of cams/headstuds/tuning. It's not that I cant do those things, it's that I haven't done them before, and my car is my daily driver, and I didn't want to stick myself in a bad situtation, so I left it in the hands of some really proven tuners.

High 12s in that car takes NO effort what so ever SO its nothing to brag about Now if you were to come on here and Boast how your car turns Low 11s or high 10s and You have Pulled the head and changed the cam/turbo ect...

My car ran mid-12s, atleast give me that, a 12.60 is not a high twelve. Saying that it takes no effort is ignorant, considering you don't have one, and doubt you've track driven one before. I know what it takes to drive well in an SC, because I owned one for years.

The car should pull high 11s the way it is set up, the head hasn't been pulled, but the cams have. I had a bad launch 1.9x 60 foot, and I only got 3 runs total that day, so no real time to get a good launch on a track that I wasn't used to. With a good launch and a little more boost I should be able to put the car in 11s.

Maybe Someone would comment you on your accomplishments

Do you think it bothers me that you think I'm a "ricer"? Ricer's are people that try to make a car look fast, my car IS fast. I'm as much of a ricer as you are a NASCAR driver. As for "bothering" people somewhere else? How am I bothering people, besides you that is, I provided a different perspective, I'm not asking for you to be astonished by my accomplishments, but I've been a member of this site atleast as long as you have, and IMO deserve to post what I want here within reason.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY ISOWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How have you "owned" me? WIth poor grammar and non-linear thought? If you drive yourself from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey and line them up with me, win, then you can say "owned" if not, all you've done is talk.

Conan56 said:

who cares we are car lovers not narrowminded redneck's (disclaimer: I have many friends of the rural american persuasion that even claim to be rednecks, but that doesnt make you a narrow minded putz)

why should you be able to talk about your car and he cant talk about his? hell i have a wrx, so does Rob Noth and ive talked about them here so has Rob, so I dont know who made you the "ricer" police, but just chill out. We all love cars, dont be so narrow minded.

That was one of YOUR opinions, dont drag all the others into it, did they ask you to speak for them? Cars are cars, fun and they are all a product of the internal combustion family, so get over it.

Lessonintorque: You're a class act bro, thanks for providing an objective opinion on the matter.

BTW WRX's are fun little cars, my buddy has an STI and it's an absolute torque monster.

Lol

If you take a minute and read my thread You will see that I was mearly Saying that you SHOULD NOT be on a SC website talking crap about SCs
Im sure there is a EVO website you can do all the crap talking you want to do " I am not and Was not saying that I dont like Foreign cars I Am still saying you should not be talking crap about SCs

Ill personally give you an invite to come to NJ next Spring to EnglishTown NJ
(Raceway park) I will gladly Race your NEW Japanese *RICER* with my OLD 1987 Grand National (that would be 18 yr old technology)
That I have less then 5000.00 into INCLUDING purchasing the car

Car is 100% street legal and even passes NJ emission testing

Like I said Pulling a Mid to high 12 is not a huge accomplishment on a "WORKED" car that weighs like 3000 lbs

Dont get me wrong I like some of the Japanese cars Stealth,3000GT,WRX,And Late Model RX7 Im am not biased to a certain type of car. I Just do not like people passing remarks Like
MY CAR RAN A 12.60 AND IS FASTER THEN ANY SC
especially when a remark like that is posted on a SC enthusiest webpage

This is my last post in reference to this This isnt what the thread was intended for And I HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN MY POINT ACROSS

Last edited:
Back