Front bumper's marked S/C?

Jacob_Royer said:
What years did the front bumpers have the S/C badge??

89-91 had them. For some reason I cant remember if 92 have them as well but I know 93-95 did not for sure.

Shane

I got a bumper a while ago that was suppost to be off a 92 sc, and that bumper had the sc on it.
I don't think all 89-92 sc bumpers came with the engraved sc in them though.

quick35th said:
89-91 had them. For some reason I cant remember if 92 have them as well but I know 93-95 did not for sure.

Shane
92's definitely didn't come with SC in the front bumper.

Kurt K said:
92's definitely didn't come with SC in the front bumper.

Gary must have put an early SC bumper than on his '92 SC that I just bought than since it has the SC on the front.

Shane

89-91 did, while the LX had the "ridge potato chip" front bumper. when ford changed the LXs front bumper in 92 to resemble the SC's, they ditched the SC on the front, all though some still got the SC embossed front bumper in 92. most likely just left-over stock from 91.

my 89 bumper doesnt have it. its possible the front one got trashed awhile ago but there is no evidence showing any damage was ever done

rzimmerl said:
the 92 SC i am parting out has the SC embossed bumper the bill of sale was from 11-91
Hmmm, I guess my 92 SC (made on 11-91) must have missed the cut on the overflow SC embossed bumpers.

trife86 said:
my 89 bumper doesnt have it. its possible the front one got trashed awhile ago but there is no evidence showing any damage was ever done
Compare the VIN on the bumper above the passenger side fog light to the car's VIN.

J.D. said:
Compare the VIN on the bumper above the passenger side fog light to the car's VIN.
on the inside of the bumper right? if so im not going through the hassle to take it off just to check lol

trife86 said:
on the inside of the bumper right? if so im not going through the hassle to take it off just to check lol
On the outside - if you don't have a VIN sticker, the bumper was repainted or possibly came off a stolen car.

Back