Water injection on a stock engine?

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Can water injection do anything for a basicly stock S/C or is it a waste of time/$? I here all this great stuff about power and mileage increase all over the place with water injection and it makes sense on Supercharged and turbocharged cars but what gains can actually be expected? I have looked at the snow kit and its pricey seems that there are other kits out there a bit cheaper that have alot of the same features. Any input on this would be great. Seems that any condition under boost would gain from water injection?

yes, it does help by lowering the temp. of the air that enters the motor, adding more horsepower. The differece in the kits is the fact that our motors need a Positive stop flow solenoid/ anti siphon solenoid. without that solenoid it would empty the resivoir very quickly.
For more info I would try to contact XR7 Dave he sells the kits that we need for our cars. Also if you look in the group purchases section you will see posts on the alcohol injection kits.

I doubt you will gain much at all without a tune, so plan on that along with the kit. (Chip +dynotune) Then I wouldn't bother with it unless you overdrive the blower with it.

But all that together (10% sc pulley, chip, tune alchy injection) I bet it makes damn good power for under 1k. Maybe 40rwhp? That is exactly what I would do if I just bought one, along with exhaust lol.

Back