where to find 94-95 3.8 sc harmonic balancer?

maxcool

Hi!
I want to find an harmonic balancer new or used but i cant find one:(
Someone have one for sale?

If you can afford it, got with a BHJ. They are kick a~~ and wont break like the factory ones. If i could afford it, i would be putting one on my car, but this damn motor rebuild has got me so broke, i cant pay attention,.

Ford did discontinue the balancers, but reinstated them, so you can buy the original Ford part now. Or the BHJ.

I don't think the '92 will fit - but don't quote me on that. I just know there are 2 different balancers for the different years.

The 94 - 95 balancer is different than 89 - 93, and cannot be interchanged. The 94 - 95 style is no longer available new from Ford. An aftermarket BHJ steel balancer would be your only direct bolt-on choice.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,

What exactly makes them different? Different mounting for the crank sensor or something like that. Just curious?

Yes, the crank sensor ring is different. However, we are all waiting for "hytorksc" to report back on the part number, for a new solid Ford sourced balancer that was just put on his car.

S_Mazza said:
Yes, the balancers are back at Ford. I don't have a part number, but check the link (to FordPartsOnline.com's online store).

http://www.parts.com/partlocator/in...ke=10&model=Thunderbird&year=1995&catalogid=1

I'd be curious to know what they are supplying. The original Ford part for the 94 - 95 SC, F4SZ 6B321 A, is discontinued, with no stock showing in any of the North American Ford warehouses.

So either Ford Parts Online (which as far as I know, is not Ford Motor Company, but an independant dealer or vendor) has some of the old stock remaining, or they are substituting something else, or they don't actually have them to sell.

The Mustang NA 3.8 dampers are the same as T-Bird NA 3.8. They are not neutral balance like the SC engines, as far as I know.

cheers
Ed N.

S_Mazza said:
Yes, the balancers are back at Ford. I don't have a part number, but check the link (to FordPartsOnline.com's online store).

http://www.parts.com/partlocator/in...ke=10&model=Thunderbird&year=1995&catalogid=1

They show the part, but they don't have it. This was the message I received when I tried to order one for my 95 last month.

THE FOLLOWING PART HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

1995 - Ford - Thunderbird : F4SZ6B321A ( Engine, Crankshaft and bearings,
Vibration damper, VIBRATION DAMPER, Cougar, Thunderbird, w/Supercharger -
3.8L )

The part(s) that you have requested have been discontinued by Ford Motor
Company.
May we suggest you try these other outlets for FORD Factory Parts:
Obsolete Ford Parts Inc. ( www.ford-obsolete-parts.com )
Green Sales Company ( www.GreenSalesCompany.com ) 800-543-4959 with part
number, or, 1-513-731-3304 without part number.
Parts International 888-727-0418
www.autopartsland.com

I ended up with a BHJ.

harmonic balancer

Thx for your reply.
Im in canada and this harmonic balancer is extremely hard to find.
If i take a 92 sc hamonic balancer and transfer the crank sensor ring from my 94 it will work?
Thx in advance to all!

Back