Has anyone done their own blower porting?

90XR7Cougar5spd

I am wanting to port my blower while in in the middle of my rebuild. Me and a buddy of mine have the tools and the common sence not to go to far with it. Anyone have any pictures to kind of guide us along this process, like of the inlet side and the top of the blower. And also the of any other porting we should do while its all torn down......

Thanks

Derek

Just make sure it doesn't look like the one in this picture. :D

Attachments

• badblower.jpg
    badblower.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 241

Are you serious dude??!! THat blower could honestly add 25-30hp especially if you painted it yellow and added a VTEC sticker.
Phil

Oh God Dan, did you ever get this straitend out with the seller? I hope you did and this guy is in jail or maybe a SC stamped into his forehead backwords.
That is the worst porting I have ever seen.

Is it wrong for me to laugh at that blower??? Looking at it just makes me giggle...The cat that Ported "Loose Term" that thing definately rode the short bus to school..

Brad

The whole story is on a thread called "I'm I just SOL?". I don't know what ever happened in the end. I just remembered the picture that was so shocking.

Just got done reading that thread about the bad blower port. Messed up deal....... Anyway, i have another question, if i port the the "V" on the outlet side and close of the sound ports, will that be alright, or do i just need to leave the sound ports alone, i want to hear the blower and let other people hear the blower when i take off, b/c around here, very very few people know what a SC is, let alone a Supercharged cougar......

Derek

Do a search, something along the lines of "supercharger porting" there are a ton of threads. To my understand, the general consensus is you can close off the ports at the outlet of the blower and it won't hurt or help just make it louder. Early style blowers need the most work done on the inlet side of the blower, and porting that area can be tough with out welding on additional material. There are a few guys on the board that can do that for you or you can look into getting a 94-95 blower. Like I said, search first, that should answer most of your questions.
Phil

just cut the vee outlet 1/4 inch wider all around staying inline with rotors, and you can port inlet side to half of the thickness all around or go crazy like I did welding and grinding inlet and case

Attachments

• 111111.JPG
    111111.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 117
mannysc said:
just cut the vee outlet 1/4 inch wider all around staying inline with rotors, and you can port inlet side to half of the thickness all around or go crazy like I did welding and grinding inlet and case
HEY! good work there, thats the same one as the inverted in the pic in your sig right?

91supacoop said:
HEY! good work there, thats the same one as the inverted in the pic in your sig right?
yes it is I also have a matchig ilet pleum a moded stocker ad a 3 inch allumium

Back