S/C Bypass valve ?

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Ok i was reading a little bit about the S/C bypass and just for the crap of it unplugged the vac line from it plugged the vac line and took it for a spin. Ohh man talk about getting boost quick! i dont have more boost but its deffinately cut down the lag.. Question is running like this can it cause any problems i am only running 11/12psi at the very most anyway. Not really wanting to run it all the time just say at the track. Though launching the car with it instantly having boost makes it alot more interesting.. What about putting a MBC on the bypass valve to dial it in to what i like? is this feasable or retarded?

Bypass valve unplugged

Ok i was reading a little bit about the S/C bypass and just for the crap of it unplugged the vac line from it plugged the vac line and took it for a spin. Ohh man talk about getting boost quick! i dont have more boost but its deffinately cut down the lag.. Question is running like this can it cause any problems i am only running 11/12psi at the very most anyway. Not really wanting to run it all the time just say at the track. Though launching the car with it instantly having boost makes it alot more interesting.. What about putting a MBC on the bypass valve to dial it in to what i like? is this feasable or retarded?

I was woundering the same thing I did that last night and man what a differance from the start it wines lounder than before and jets right off the light. can this damage the engine or blow a head gasket everything is stock any info please let me know:confused:

the bypass is there to release pressure when you let off the throttle, I would put the line back on before you cause internal engine damage

if the air is constantly coming into the SC it will wear everything out alot faster.

i wouldnt even bother plugging that vac. line cuz as soon asu even go part throttle the bypass snaps shut anyways.

it was interesting when my car had a vac leak at the bypass valve, took a little while to figure out why it hit a brick wall as soon as it wanted to go into boost, i laughed at myself, cost $.68 to fix...pricey

heres a good vac. leak story : i couldnt figure out why my SC felt way underpowered but i would still push 12lbs. and vac reading was normal. so when i took the supercharger off to check for more leaks i found 2 of the 3 bolts holding the return plenum to the manifold totally loose and ran half way out the holes.

think that was my problem ?? :)

Back