Need Help High Idel

tonyfarnsworth

i got my car back from getting 3.73 in the rear and it idels at 2500rpm and i here a funny noise that sound like 2 bricks scraping together. once when i shut it off it make the fog horn noise. if the idel air control valve is broken would it stay at a constant idel? i thought it was ok becuase i took it apart and it moved just fine whats wrong?

how much

how much are accumulators? Where is it under the hood. I dont have a problem doing stuff...i just want to know exactly which part is which and i dont want to get it expensive.

IAC has a diaphragm which can rupture. When that happens, the idle goes way up. You might not be able to see a hole in it, and if you pushed on it.. you probably broke it.

Most aftermarket IACs will not work on the SC EVEN THOUGH the part is listed. They have to be mounted backwards and the oil filler tube prevents that on the SC engine. You have to examine the replacement part.. if its valve closed and doesn't have that extra long wire bundle, it should work OK.

If its valve open, it won't work. And unplugging the extra bundle won't make it work.. the whole design is wrong.

fastsc92.. ABS accumulators are around $100 from a rebuilder such as priorreman, and around $250 from Ford.

Here's the part numbers, be sure to measure the length of the fitting BEFORE you pay for the Ford part.

ABS Accumulator
P/N E8OY-2C231-A (nipple length= (15.25-15.75)mm (.600-.620)in)
P/N E8OY-2C231-B (nipple length= (11.90-12.10)mm (.476-.469)in)

Back