ported supercharger

94atlanticstang

I am looking into porting my supercharger and capping off the two noise holes to make it even louder. how much is the max that can be milled out of the outlet and the inlet and how does everyone cap the two holes properly?

Search

Your blower will be super loud.
Port it out correctly or your going to end up with a mess.

Do a search for BKB. I think Ryan Harris also does it...You need to be carefull because the slits are timed to the rotors. That means the lines have to stay consistant to the rotor pack or there will be pulses.

Chris

Alos if you decid to have them welded closed which is doable you must have someone that is good and patient do it cause you can warp the rotor housing and then your left with a pretty paperweight :rolleyes: But its fairly easy to do

ported blower

I have a bkb ported blower and you know what mod for mod im just as fast if not faster then most of the guys here already. I have a new motor from ford a rebuilt aod. first time out with new motor and that ported blower. i went 14.7 with the car. stock maf stock tb dual exhaust thats it and my tune. Im adding the gears and i think with dr's i whould be low 14's easy. I would contact bkb if you want a ported blower or one of the trickest ported lower intakes you will find. Oh if your near pa i have a dyno and do sct tunning oneqkgt@aol.com

me and a guy i work with ported the casing on the mill and I cut out 2 plugs that i am going to tack in and then sand flat and make it look perty

now I have a good question.... why and how do I time the blades? I didnt take them off the gear set and housing they were attached to, if that changes anything. The blower was already rebuilt by a guy I purchased it from
It is ported very nicely and has a very good finish on it I dont think I will have a problem with pulseing. how badly does the inlet hinder performance? I know in my case it will mutalate my performance now so i am going to try my best to make it slightly larger

In response to your question about the inlet and its importance, think of it this way, you can only move as much air as you can get through the most restrictive part of the intake side of the engine. If your engine is mostly stock (maf TB inlet plenum etc) then the inlet of the blower isn't that big of a deal because the above mention restrictions are before it, but as you upgrade and get closer and closer to the outlet of the blower the inlet will become a restriction (and a big one at that) If you can, have it welded and ported, but if not just open it up as big as possible.
Phil

As long as the rotors and the gears are still one unit, then you are fine. Make sure you have enough grease in the needle bearings and put the rotors back in the case. Make sure the gear with the coupler is to the left when looking at the blower as if it were on the car.
Phil

Back