Struts and Shocks

Thepef

I have a 94 SC, the shocks and struts are shot and i was wandering if I could run regular Tbird shocks and struts. If I could what if any mods I would have to do with the firm ride situation.

Thepef said:
I have a 94 SC, the shocks and struts are shot and i was wandering if I could run regular Tbird shocks and struts. If I could what if any mods I would have to do with the firm ride situation.

I you want to maintain the factory ARC then you have to use factory or aftermarket shock that have the electronically adjustable shock, if you want to keep the Firm/Auto capability. If not then simply bolt in a normal shock and unplug the ARC module but you will not have the Auto/Firm settings of the ARC.

Don't use stock replacement LX shocks/struts, beacuse the SC springs are too stiff for LX valving. If you want to ditch the ARC then get good aftermarket sport shocks like Koni or Bilestein.

Shockwave said:
Don't use stock replacement LX shocks/struts, beacuse the SC springs are too stiff for LX valving. If you want to ditch the ARC then get good aftermarket sport shocks like Koni or Bilestein.

Yes ditch the ARC and get yourself a nice set of Konis or the Bilesteins.

Shane

The Konis are expensive (but good), and the Bilsteins are no longer available. KYB is a decent lower priced alternative, if you're going to ditch the firm-ride anyway.

cheers
Ed N.

I love my KYB shocks. They are firmer than the stock ARC firm setting. You will have to leave your Firm/Auto switch in Firm or your Firm Light will blink telling you that your actuators (that will no longer be there) did not return to the Soft position.

Back