no brakes help me

badbird

where do i start and end on how to track down my no brakes problemand how can i tell if part is even bad i have hard peddle and i dont feel or hear the pump never have

Last edited:
where are ford lovers

well since no 1 wants to help i checked my relay it is working but still no brakes help me

badbird said:
well since no 1 wants to help i checked my relay it is working but still no brakes help me

Hi Badbird,
I'll help you. Hard brake Hmmm. O.K. does your brake light stay on or come on ? Do you hear the motor turn on no right. It most probably your accululator.
Try this make sure your resevoir id filled to the mark. If you relay is working and the motor comes on more tha likely it your accumulator. What you need is an accumulator ball.Turn off your Ignition,Then pump your brake pedal and pump it slowly about 25 times to depresurize the system this is very important to do.!!! Take the old accumulator ball off ,you will need a farily large size hex nut tool to remouve it Take new accumulator ball and Install it and tighten down firm. check you wiring etc. Then turn your ignition on let the brakes pump up and go and try it. You should have your brakes working fine. If this does not help contact me for further parts possibly. I carry the accumulator ball and complete ABS system if needed. If you need a ball I have a couple of them.
Try it! If it's not the Ball you can retun it to me or sell it because they are good balls :) :p :rolleyes:
Good luck!
www.spinningwheels-sc.com

What year SC?

There are two different ABS systems for the SC depending on the model year. The '89 - '93 have the Teves Mark II (with an accumulator), and the '94 - '95 SC's have the Teves Mark IV (uses manifold vacuum). Diagnosis depends on the version of Teves ABS you have...

LJGriggs said:
There are two different ABS systems for the SC depending on the model year. The '89 - '93 have the Teves Mark II (with an accumulator), and the '94 - '95 SC's have the Teves Mark IV (uses manifold vacuum). Diagnosis depends on the version of Teves ABS you have...

Hi Yes You are right on the money...I have them both. I assumed his was an early year. Thank you for the Heads Up!!! It never occured to ask him. I was just giving him as simple of possibility on the early years which I have more than the Teves Mark lV. I have learned quite a bit about these units. I did not want to complicate or confuse him. This is why I asked him to call me or get in touch If all failed. I apreciate your pleasant reminder. Have a nice day!
Take care!
Victor...

on mine the brushes in the pump motor were bad , i could hit the pump with a broom stick with they key turned on and it would kick on , i went to the junkyard and got a pump off a lincoln for 5 bucks the threads in the lincoln pump were differnt size for the brake line so i just put the motor on my old pump

Last edited:
Back