Deck Lid Interchangeability

Don V

Can a later model deck lid ( '93 and up??) be installed on my 1990 SC? I want to go with one that has the led illuminated deck lid lights. IS it just a matter of swapping dekclids?
TIA

Don V:D

Yes, the truck lids are the same physical size. Your will just need to get the newer style lights for the deck lid!

decklids...

well that is the whole point for chewnging them...I want the deck lid lights that illuminate at night.... so tired of just having reflectors back there. I think Ford's brain was really in neutral when they issued that design.....

when I find the newer deck loid, hoepfully it will have the deck lid lights with it.

thanks for the input

Don:D

I have a new decklid. JUST the deck lid ......... It never been on a car. I got it fo a guy and after I ordered it for him he backed out.

Ive got 375.00 in it. It's yours for 325.00 + shipping if you want it!

thanks

thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I think shipping would cost a bit much seeing as I on on the west coast here in Washington state.

a used on will probably be in my price range, and local yards offer them for $150 wiht the lights....when they have them, that is.

I apprecaite the help all the same

Don

Deck Lid (fit)

I will post later this morning, what years will fit . I have a salvage yard, and about 10 or 15 T-Birds . I will let you know what fits and how much,,

deck lid

My Hollander Exchange computer says 89--92 fits

Go to Lucent Technoliges get a few light emitting diodes
install them behind the center reflector connect to your brake or park lights looks like factory

(90 super coupe ..93 mustang convertable
2002 Durango 4.7
2001 GMC Denali

Another difference between the taillights on the 89-91 and 92+ is the curvature of the lights. If you look at them from the side, the 89-91 is pretty flat where the 92+ curves outward. If your picky, you'll need the corner lenses to match. If you need to get rid of your older style lid, let me know I will need one shortly. I would go to the newer style but I have a 35th and it has blue/sliver birds in the reflectors so they stay. Some one apparently tried to force open the trunk to get the previous owner's stereo equipment and its pretty nasty.

Back