I love my car, family and friends think its a POS

Dahoopd

I love my car. Yes the car and this site irritates the crap out of me at times but, I still love it. It is a POS at times but when I get in it and take it for a spin. The broken woes seem to disapear for the time being. Its almost as if it doesnt want me to ever get out of it. I can take it for a spin and it runs great, but then I get out of it and the next time I get in it something else is acting up in it. It will be a very long time before this car ever runs faster than it did stock, because I am trying to replace everthing on it and make it New once again prior to the go fast goodies.

Soon to have the car painted and wheels re-done. Can ya tell I need center caps. The plastic ones just look like crap. And of course there is no shine because i got tired of trying buffers and clay bars so I used ENGINE DEGREESER all over the paint....Deamm is it white and bright.

Last edited:
Dahoopd said:
I love my car. Yes the car and this site irritates the crap out of me at times but, I still love it. It is a POS at times but when I get in it and take it for a spin. The broken woes seem to disapear for the time being. Its almost as if it doesnt want me to ever get out of it. I can take it for a spin and it runs great, but then I get out of it and the next time I get in it something else is acting up in it. It will be a very long time before this car ever runs faster than it did stock, because I am trying to replace everthing on it and make it New once again prior to the go fast goodies.

Soon to have the car painted and wheels re-done. Can ya tell I need center caps. The plastic ones just look like crap. And of course there is no shine because i got tired of trying buffers and clay bars so I used ENGINE DEGREESER all over the paint....Deamm is it white and bright.

hey dont feel bad my friends and family think the same way about mine....but i continue to dump money into her......its almost like an addiction????

I'm with you on this. Nothing like picking up a girl on a date in my POS and pulling in her driveway next to her Acura or Denali. Hey, if they can't accept the car, screw em!

Same with me!! It needs a paint job, but thats about it. I'm rebuilding the motor right now and everything will be new in it, so it'll be sweet.

When I got the car I had to fix the windows because they fell off track and the gears in the motors were stripped. They thought the car was a POS because of that. They also thought it was a POS because It blew a HG. Then it really set it off whenever I had a friend with me and I was givin her hell, then all of a sudden my car shuts off and the motor wont turn.

My 2nd wife felt the same way. She couldn't understand why I bought it. After riding in it a few times and driving it, she had her son buy one. He loved it.

All I have to say to my friends and family is at least I own the pink slip. Also, Most any repair it needs is cheaper than their car payment and I can fix it myself.

NMxr7SC said:
All I have to say to my friends and family is at least I own the pink slip. Also, Most any repair it needs is cheaper than their car payment and I can fix it myself.

Thats what I told them. They have a car paytment of $400 a month. Thats $4800 a year. I have had the car 1 year and have $2800 into not counting the $500 I paid for it. Its a nice as theirs, definately azz out faster and I have $3300 into it and I own it.............

None of my friends think my 'Bird is a POS, but some do wonder why I've dropped the amount of money into mine like I have. And even though it's down right now awaiting a rebuild, I still love it. I'm just going through withdrawals. I haven't driven mine since late April and it's driving me nuts - I can't wait until it's running again :D

As long as you enjoy the car, to heck with everyone else :D Just tell them "If you don't like what I drive, then you buy me a car." Or if they give you crap about the amount of money, just use my line "well, what do you want me to waste my money in? My car or massive amounts of drugs and alcohol?" :D

-Melon

My last ex-girlfriend ALWAYS put down my LX (before the SC which she would have REALLY hated) because it was big. She was dumber then a box of hair. She had a Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket) that had fewer miles on it. She would always get mad at me cause I would hotrod it and stand on it getting on the on ramp by our house. She would always put my car down but always, and I mean ALWAYS drove it when her POS Jeep would shoot craps...which was more often then not. I absolutely hated her after a while and got tired of workin on her Jeep. She b1t(hed until I bought another car (new mustang...I fargin hate mustangs)...needless to say. That sloot is gone and me and the Bird live on with a new one added :D.

Chris

Back