Calling Dave Dalke...........or any other car god

X

xThunderbirdSCx

Hey there. As you may have seen while browsing in the forums, after I get all the work done on my car including the exhaust im buying from you; my next step is going to be upgrading to a 5% OD and a nitrous kit. A few questions that the forums are very fuzzy and opinionated about.
1. I heard you make special "flip chips" i think they are called, that are cockpit switchable to change from "no nitrous" to "nitrous" tuning when you activate your nitrous. Is this true?
2. If im going to go through with the N2O, do you recommend the ARP studs and different gaskets, or will the fel-pros do fine?
3. What N20 kit do you recommend, and how big of a shot with the engine i will have after you work on it?
3. If you dont recommend nitrous at all, i may go with one of the snow performace kits you have available in tandem with the pusher fans for the rad. and IC, along with a 10% od. Is this recommended?

Thanks, but I'm not a "car god". Some of these questions might be better answered on email (link is in my sig) but anyway since we are here...

I'm not a nitrous expert so I will refrain from commenting on that other than to say that I feel nitrous is dangerous with a forced induction motor.

Yes, I do flip chips that can be switched on the fly from one program to another.

I do not recommend other than felpro gaskets unless the motor is being rebuilt. Other headgasket options require additional machining on the block that cannot be done with the motor partially assembled. ARP headstuds are a good idea regardless and I can help you with that.

I think that money spent on IC and engine cooling are never wasted on an SC. They don't provide much for HP gains but they sure do make life easier on your motor.

Hope that helps some. :)

Back