white smoke

T@Sound-Xtreme

Ok i tried searching, and i know what white smoke means, but id like to get a little more indepth with this.

My car has usually always had a littel white smoke at start up, then it went away, leading me to belive that it was running rich. well...well....well

Yesterday after the hurricane cleared out, i went out to rearange my cars(before the storm the damn thing wouldnt start so i kept trying, and running gas into it, or rather the fuel pump kept pumping away every time i turned the key), it started first try, And i thought the heavens came down, white as white smoke poured out. No smell really, maybe a little gas'y smell if anything.

So my question is, was that fuel burning off? OR are my HG's going? I tested compression awhile back, and the little response I got said i was ok. By awhile back i mean less than 500 miles.

Anyway back to the problem, i ran the car a little bit and it was pretty much all cleared up then. Whats the deal here?

Thanks in advance.

Tyler

White smoke points to water, I think...

If the car was running rich, wouldn't you probably see black smoke? It sounds like you are getting water in the system from somewhere. A little white smoke at start-up could be condensation in the intake or the exhaust, if you live in a really humid area and the car sits for extended periods of time. A lot of white smoke would seem to point to a leaking head gasket. Check the oil for water (coolant) and the coolant for oil...

ohhhhh,
i did i did, not a hint of anything wrong with fluids. I do live in NC where it is humid, and the hurricane jsut went through, so maybe thats why there was so much smoke?

Anyone else got any ideas?

Tyler

Yeah, I got one!

Lay off the peace pipe! :D

PM me your phone number and I'll call you in a few days, so I can get directions and I'll take a look at it with you.

Haha cool man, why dont ya come over thurday, and well all go to the track?

BTW I HATE THE 60 SECOND POST RULE, IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE

Tyler

Back