Abs Front Speed Sensor

darkstar_one

Hey.... well i was looking at my MARK 8 spindles that i am gonna install in my car and it well the connections dont match up... now i have another problem.... well i was looking at my front driver side abs speed sensor and i followed the cable and it is all chewed up... the outside has been like chewed up and stuff.... should i get some new ones or should i just go to the junkyard and pull out some used ones? thanks.... maybe this is why my ABS light stays on?

You can replace the connector on the spindle or on the harness. If you do so, you'll want to solder the connection, don't just use a crimp connector. If possible use a solder high in silver content. It requires a hotter iron to flow the solder but the resultant connection will have less resistance.

darkstar_one said:
Hey.... well i was looking at my MARK 8 spindles that i am gonna install in my car and it well the connections dont match up... now i have another problem.... well i was looking at my front driver side abs speed sensor and i followed the cable and it is all chewed up... the outside has been like chewed up and stuff.... should i get some new ones or should i just go to the junkyard and pull out some used ones? thanks.... maybe this is why my ABS light stays on?
If interested I have what you need. When I upgraded my spindles to the 95 style I got a set of abs sensors from a 95 and changed over the connector to fit my 89 cougar. Will sell for $35 shipped. They worked fine when removed.

Back