Its going to be a very long next 24 hours

quick35th

Well here in a few hours after I get off from work I am going home and loading up the trailer and soon then after that I am heading for WI to puck up my 460 for my project car. On the way home I am going to stop by Rich's house and check out his 460 powerd 35th and maybe go for a ride in it. I just hope I can make it there and back without any problems. See I have been up since 7am this morning and looks like I wont be back home until about 7-9pm saturday night. Yeah, looks like I will be making several stops at the good old StarBucks to keep me going.

Shane

haha well good luck, 460 better be worth the trip...and the swap :p it will be a beast. dont try to keep your self awake though, im one to talk, i only had a short bit to go and i was battling the shut eye, and it won...never again.

p.s. it wasnt in the coupe, she keeps me awake no problem.

you will be awake when you leave here....

You will be WIDE AWAKE when you leave here, or you won't leave... There is no way you will drive and be tired....I woke up one night about 100 feet from a bridge with 40,000 pounds behind me... I was able to get it back on the road, but I did stop after that, if nothing else to clean out my pants.....Don't push it, you can always grab a few hours of shut eye if you need it...
Let me know when you get close and I will meet you and bring you in.....Rich

pro street rich said:
You will be WIDE AWAKE when you leave here, or you won't leave... There is no way you will drive and be tired....I woke up one night about 100 feet from a bridge with 40,000 pounds behind me... I was able to get it back on the road, but I did stop after that, if nothing else to clean out my pants.....Don't push it, you can always grab a few hours of shut eye if you need it...
Let me know when you get close and I will meet you and bring you in.....Rich

I'll give you a call when I leave the guys house and on my way over to your place Rich. When you said that I'll be wide awake when I leave your house I figured you meant that because you had just scared the crap out of me in your big block SC. I tell you what I had a hell of a time staying awake the last few hours last weekend coming home from Gary's house.

Shane

I'll see if I can barrow my friend's digital camera. Otherwise I could use my old school slr from the 70's lol.

Shane

Well guys I finally got my 460 big block yesturday. I was up for a straight 43 hours :eek: :eek: but it was well worth it.

Thanks again to Rich for showing my his big block 35th and taking me for a ride in it.

Shane

quick35th said:
Well guys I finally got my 460 big block yesturday. I was up for a straight 43 hours :eek: :eek: but it was well worth it.

Thanks again to Rich for showing my his big block 35th and taking me for a ride in it.

Shane

How was the ride?

He wont be awake till tomorrow mornin...Wish I lived closer to him...I have done the up fer two days stright a few times and I know JUST how it is...IT SUCKS...

Chris

I woke him up I think..........

NCredSC said:
How was the ride?
We took a spin with the car and he was happy, or so he said... Even with the torque converter locking up [it is stuck in the locked up setting] and with the trans slipping I still think he was happy. He did say it was a stronger pull than the car he got a ride in last week........Lets see what he posts when he wakes up....Just glad to hear that he made it home ok.......Rich

NCredSC said:
How was the ride?

David, the ride there and back was not bad at all. We ran into a bad traffic jam in Chicago because a passenger car cam off its tracks. The 460 started leaking out the rear main seal after we got it on the trailer. I didn't realize this until driving when I noticed that I could not see out the back window on my Expedition. Pulled over at a rest stop to find that litterally the entire back end of the Expedition was coverd in oil making it look as if the motor had let go in it. It was funny sparying oil on people as they rode behind me.

pro street rich said:
We took a spin with the car and he was happy, or so he said... Even with the torque converter locking up [it is stuck in the locked up setting] and with the trans slipping I still think he was happy. He did say it was a stronger pull than the car he got a ride in last week........Lets see what he posts when he wakes up....Just glad to hear that he made it home ok.......Rich

Yeah it was alot of fun to ride in your big block car Rich. I was happy but I was sure dead to the world because I was so tired, so I might have not seemed as excited as I really was. All I have to say after riding in Riches car is I cant wait to get my big block all assembled and put in my new SC. You would never know that there is a big block lurking under the hood of Riches car because of how quiet it is. I hope to visit you again soon Rich and pick up that 4spd Top loader as well.

Shane

Last edited:
Back