16x10 rims do they exist?

MySCRocket1203

16x10 rims do they exist? and more importantly wiht our offset? ive done some searcghing both forums and web and i cant find any it seems that a 16 inchewould help to lower wheel rub and with a ten inch tire we could really see some rubber to the road. has anyone ever heard of or seen my elusive great white

I don't believe that you will find any off-the-shelf one piece 16 x 10 wheels. Likely you would have to get something in a custom ordered 2 or 3 piece wheel from HRE, Simmons, CCW, or one of several other builders.

Not sure that I understand your idea that a 16 x 10" would give less wheel rub. The widest tire generally available these days in 16" is the old Corvette size 255-50-16. This will fit on a 8 or 9" wheel, some people even use them on 7". Diameter of the tire is about 1/2" less than the stock SC size. If you want wider than a 255, and shorter than stock, 275-40-17 is a popular choice for 17 x 9 wheels on the rear of an SC.

cheers
Ed N.

Go to TCCoA and look on Group Purchases. There is a post there about the wheels. They are trying to get some that are 15s. Aparently, there is not enough room under the car for anything wider then 9s. There are pics too so take a look.

Chris

thanks for all the info guys. my concer with the 17's that they will rub if i hit a bump or something id want the the wider tires for drag racing but the car is still my daily driver too so i want it functional. on another similar note what are the widest tires that can be put on stock 16 inchers

Tire rub is not limited to 17s. That is all about the wrinkle and growth factor. The taller wheel you use, the shorter the sidewall. I am pretty sure the widest you can run on a 9 is a 255 but I am sure someone is running something wider and will tell me I am wrong.

Chris

Back