Manny - coupla pics for ya

tbird88

I'm determined to use at least SOME of the stock upper IC pipe.

dblno48388.jpg

dblno48418.jpg

'bird

thats why I love ya !!

Wynn you are my idol,

wish we where closer we could turn this club upside down are you gonna run the return away from exh . im starting a return that goes on top and a new pipe from blowertop to bottom of ic for stock setups it may cool boost some staying away from exh heat.

question for ya do you think that my inlet plenum would be ok without a bypass for race only aplication?

Attachments

• 447320705TJPnJt_phsd.JPG
    447320705TJPnJt_phsd.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 70
mannysc said:
wish we where closer we could turn this club upside down are you gonna run the return away from exh . im starting a return that goes on top and a new pipe from blowertop to bottom of ic for stock setups it may cool boost some staying away from exh heat.
The return will run above the alternator/coil pack, wantin' to use a butchered upper pipe...wait, didn't I already say that?

mannysc said:
question for ya do you think that my inlet plenum would be ok without a bypass for race only aplication?
You're askin' the wrong person about that. First impression is ya need a bypass unless ya revamp other areas like fuel delivery EEC etc etc etc. Somebody else would be more qualified to answer that.

'bird

No bypass is o.k. with race only conditions. The load on the engine will be high with the bypass off and it'll be slow to drop boost. There may be some issues with intake shock loads from slapping the throttle closed after a WOT chase. But it shouldn't be too bad. Just mostly you loose any economy gained by allowing the SC to not place a load on the crankshaft when you're under vacuum.

Mike8675309 said:
No bypass is o.k. with race only conditions. The load on the engine will be high with the bypass off and it'll be slow to drop boost. There may be some issues with intake shock loads from slapping the throttle closed after a WOT chase. But it shouldn't be too bad. Just mostly you loose any economy gained by allowing the SC to not place a load on the crankshaft when you're under vacuum.
thanks i guess Ill graft on a bypass from a donor inlet cut and weld it on.

Back