Manual steering rack in!!

tim

Well thanks to my friend at NAPA my new manual steering rack is almost done. It bolted up perfect and the stock tie rod ends even work. I have to do a minor mod on the rag joint and that should be it. If all goes as planned it should be done tomorrow. The weight saving alone is really awesome, the new rack weighs nothing. I should have time tomorrow to start the manual brake comversion. I cant wait to get rid of that monster and all the wiring and sensors that go with it. Next week I hope to have the new heads on. Big thanks go out to Dan Sly for his special magic on the heads!! I cant believe how awesome they look. I have to call Dave Dalke and order my Snow system next week too. I hope that with the new mods 12.99 is right around the corner. Now if I could just swing an AR!! :D

the rack has the same mounting points as any mustang, but you have to re-use the outer tie-rod ends. The input shaft isnt splined like the Fox Mustang racks but its the same as the SN-95s. I have taken half of each rag joint and spliced them with grade 8 bolts, but they might loosen with stress, I would tack weld the ends if you go that route(stock is rivets) :eek: , kinda iffy for a daily driver splicing your own

Thanks, that is what I plan on doing. I have already drilled the rivets out and am going to use the supplied piece with the grad 8 bolts.

Back