Jack Stand Placement

X

xThunderbirdSCx

Where is the best place to put jackstands on, like which part of the frame. I expect to have the car completely elevated (all sides) for up to 7 hours. Where would i get the best support with just 4 jack stands? Pics would be nice!

Sorry I don't have pics. But, I would say in the front, on the far sides of the cross member that is just infront of the oil pan. And for the rears, on the IRS frame bushings that are those large discs that sit just inside the wheel well in front of the tires. I that is where I alway sit my are on, though I've never put it up on all 4's at the same time. I just had my car up on the rear for about 4 weeks. It worked out great.

good luck with your work!

Metalman

Here are pics of where I usually place the jackstands on my MN12's.

-Rod

Attachments

• showcar%20underside.jpg
    showcar%20underside.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Mark8IRSswap2.jpg
    Mark8IRSswap2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 135
I put mine the same place as the tire stores do - that's under the reinforced end of the 2 frame rails that run under the car and terminate at the firewall (front) and under the sub-frame connectors at the rear (just infront of the rear wheel wells - has the big rubber cushion on top of it and a large bolt in the center. Alternatively you can use the stock jack lifting points (with the right type of jack saddle), but normally that's what you are using to raise the car.

Back