Oil pan gasket?????

90XR7Cougar5spd

I got my gasket kit today for my car, and it dosent have an oil pan gasket, i figured it was just forgotten or didnt come with the kit, i looked up the part number and went to pull on off the shelf, and when i opened up the box, to my surprise, there was 2 little bottles of black gasket maker :rolleyes: , and a rear main oil pan seal, the same thing i pulled out of my gasket set, i thought it was funny as hell. Do they not make a oil pan gasket for out cars????????? And yes yes yes, i bought fel-pro gaskets, wouldnt use anything else on my baby!

Derek

The oil pan came from Ford sealed with Black RTV Silicon. We used it when we replaced the pan on my N/A bird (bad mounts and not knowing it = cracked oil pan) and it's held up just fine for over 4 years.

That was the only thing I could figure.... There are intercooler seals listed on the box so that must be them.

The tiniest o rings are for the injectors and the biggest (come in a pack of three) are for the IC tubes.

Fel Pro makes rolls of gasket material that you can make your own gaskets with so you can use that to make a gasket. Thats what I did.

Back