Toasted some rice last night

mcate

I was coming back from dinner after Jenro's last night on Greenbrier in front of the mall, waiting at the light to turn left onto Eden Way. Some kid in a Honda with his fart can muffler was in the outside lane, & kept inching his way up alongside me. The light turned & we both went around the corner. I waited until we were straightened out & until I heard him get on it. I had the SC in low gear & nailed it & left him standing. Not much to brag about, but it was fun just the same. The car really seemed to jump from about a 15 mph kickdown. Deb was in the Focus behind me & saw what was about to happen at the light. She was happy to see all the $$ we've invested in the SC paying off. I think she hates ricers even MORE than I do!

By the way, the most impressive car at Jenro's last night was a Mazda Miata with a Z06 Vette engine in it! The guy fabbed it all himself, & it's a sleeper like no other. Hopefully he'll have it there again next Saturday.

mcate said:
I was coming back from dinner after Jenro's last night on Greenbrier in front of the mall, waiting at the light to turn left onto Eden Way. Some kid in a Honda with his fart can muffler was in the outside lane, & kept inching his way up alongside me. The light turned & we both went around the corner. I waited until we were straightened out & until I heard him get on it. I had the SC in low gear & nailed it & left him standing. Not much to brag about, but it was fun just the same. The car really seemed to jump from about a 15 mph kickdown. Deb was in the Focus behind me & saw what was about to happen at the light. She was happy to see all the $$ we've invested in the SC paying off. I think she hates ricers even MORE than I do!

By the way, the most impressive car at Jenro's last night was a Mazda Miata with a Z06 Vette engine in it! The guy fabbed it all himself, & it's a sleeper like no other. Hopefully he'll have it there again next Saturday.

iver heard of 5.0 ford miata's but never a vette engine

sounds like you had a little fun last night.maybe i'll have some sometime.mike all of your hard word is paying off by putting the foreign fart rides where they belong.this is america and good old detroit iron is the way it ought to be.good job!

trife86 said:
iver heard of 5.0 ford miata's but never a vette engine

Yeah, he did it all himself. I asked him if the headers were from a kit, & he said he fabricated them himself. He had to shove the firewall back some too.

nickleman60 said:
sounds like you had a little fun last night.maybe i'll have some sometime.mike all of your hard word is paying off by putting the foreign fart rides where they belong.this is america and good old detroit iron is the way it ought to be.good job!

Missed you last night Keith! John & I represented the T-Bird faction though. Ed Lambert had his anny there for a while. John's headed out to Pick & Pull right now to grab some stuff.
Oh, I put my car in the all wheels show out here in Chesapeake Friday night. There were around 45 cars there, & they handed out plaques to the top 25. I got one, so I felt pretty good.

Back