All Time Dumb A$$ Question

v8killr

My car has been sitting for about 6 to 7 months due to a tranny and water pump problem.I fixed all the problems over the past couple of weekends and got everything back together except one stupid Vac line.

I'm still running the stock air intake and i have been looking for where that small vac line that comes off underneath the air intake pipe and cannot for the life of me find it.
I know it's the crank vacum line but WTH.
Last night i sat out looking around for where this thing goes and just started laughing because i thought it was funny that i could take the transmission out and put the new one in by my self, put a new water pump on and put the front end back together myself but this one little hose is kicking my A$$.

Let me know someone before i kick my own A$$.
David

v8killr said:
My car has been sitting for about 6 to 7 months due to a tranny and water pump problem.I fixed all the problems over the past couple of weekends and got everything back together except one stupid Vac line.

I'm still running the stock air intake and i have been looking for where that small vac line that comes off underneath the air intake pipe and cannot for the life of me find it.
I know it's the crank vacum line but WTH.
Last night i sat out looking around for where this thing goes and just started laughing because i thought it was funny that i could take the transmission out and put the new one in by my self, put a new water pump on and put the front end back together myself but this one little hose is kicking my A$$.

Let me know someone before i kick my own A$$.
David

there is a small hose that comes off of the air intake tube its heres a picture of it, although your stock intake tube will have the hose on the bottom

Attachments

• CIC_FTH8997E1C5.jpg
    CIC_FTH8997E1C5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
mine hooks to a metal pipe behind the ac pump near the cam sensor , i think it runs clear around the motor and may go to the pcv valve

rlong said:
mine hooks to a metal pipe behind the ac pump near the cam sensor , i think it runs clear around the motor and may go to the pcv valve
If you're referring to the hose from the breather filter that's below the air filter, then it should run to the PCV valve.

J.D. said:
If you're referring to the hose from the breather filter that's below the air filter, then it should run to the PCV valve.
yes it is the PCV and it is in the valve cover directly under the intercooler tube. kind of difficult to access. make sure you use the correct pcv , the super charger requires one that seals both ways. vacuum and pressure.

Back