Lincoln Mark VIII drivesahft

Qwk91sc

I have a 91' SC AOD, and a friend of mine offered to sell me his Mark VIII aluminum driveshaft, what modifications will I need to do to make it fit, Should I worry about balance,vibration etc... Thanks alot!

-Jeff-

you can only use the 1993 MARK 8 aluminum driveshaft.. all you have to do is re-use ur SC's yolk and your good to go... automatic only though....

darkstar_one said:
you can only use the 1993 MARK 8 aluminum driveshaft.. all you have to do is re-use ur SC's yolk and your good to go... automatic only though....

Why can you only use one from a '93 Mark8?

Shane

You can use any of them but the 93 is the only 1 piece the 94-98's are 2 piece filled with rubber and they suck as bad as the stock one you have.
Get a 93 or buy a good shaft I got my shaft custom made for about $350
Alan

One more time folks... and this is from my experience with a 93' MarkVIII driveshaft in a 94' SC. The MarkVIII is too long by a couple of inches and will need to be shortened if used.

the reason u cant use it on a 94 i think is because dont those come with electronic transmissions? meaning computer controlled and arent they a lil bit longer then the regular AOD.... people just use the stock SC yolk on the driveshaft

darkstar_one said:
the reason u cant use it on a 94 i think is because dont those come with electronic transmissions? meaning computer controlled and arent they a lil bit longer then the regular AOD.... people just use the stock SC yolk on the driveshaft

All MarkVIII's used the 4R70W transmission, same as in the 94+ T-birds. The SC driveshaft is shorter by a good 2-4". Trust me, I've held both of the driveshafts in my hands and without cutting, the MarkVIII driveshaft will not fit our cars. They are a great option for those willing to cut/balance the MarkVIII shaft (not the best idea), or with a 4.6L bird.

Back