whats is this/do!?!?

93thunderbird

ok i have a 93 tb that i ported worked on the car ran great till it started 2 get hot i took it home popped the hood n the headers were glowing red...(guess running to lean) i put the stock 90 tb on and it was screaming at 3 grand and wouldnt cum down.. till i took this off and put it all back 2gether it idles at 900 now (the pic is what i took off) also from the car getting so hot my brake booster can in the back wont stop (sounds like its filling) so i unplugged it be cause it drianed my battery can any1 fill me in on that!!?!

Last edited:
That looks like a manually controlled Idel Air Bypass. They are so you can adjust the effect of the idel air control. You should also check the throttle position sensor to see that you are at .98 volts at closed throttle.

do i need it?

do i need it ? also what if my tps isnt at .98 can anyone tell me if the brake booster can has ever not stopped clicking/filling sound and drained there battery?

Rule: If you take it off and the car runs better and the engine light doesn't come on, leave it off.

I have no idea what's up with your brake booster.

The clicking sound that you are hearing is the anti -lock pump,you need to replace the relay for the ABS.It is located on the firewall on the passenger side.It will drain your battery pronto overnight if not fixed.

whats norm. idle?

ok i took the car out 2day and i thought it stalled but it didnt it was so quiet it dropped to 500-600 rpms i didnt even think it was running (didnt run rough) ran smooth as a babys bottom is this a norm idle? no check engine light seems to be fine just a very low idle

Back