190 lph fuel pump

Qwk91sc

I put in a 190 lph pump today for a mustang, car runs fine! But I did not need any of the extra hardware to install in. What is the little section of hose for that comes with the kit? Thanks alot

-Jeff-

nevermind I just found out it replaces the baffle, how much does that hurt it? should I take it out again and remove the baffle? is it worth all the work? Thanks

-Jeff-

well if you aint pushing over 250RWHP it aint worth it and if your stock pump had less then 60,000miles its not worth it

I would have no problems replacing a 13 year old fuel pump. I always put 255lphs in that way when you get HP hungry there is no need to upgrade.

AsScLoWn said:
well if you aint pushing over 250RWHP it aint worth it and if your stock pump had less then 60,000miles its not worth it

my fuel pump may have had 180,000 miles on it I dunno (thats what the car has on it), but my sending unit went so I had to replace it. anyway I pulled it out this morning and removed the baffle and replaced it with piece of hose that came with the mustang kit. I saw no difference, oh well :)

-Jeff-

I was probably half asleep when i wrote that, I ignored the baffle part, I was just babbling about the need for a higher flow pump

yea that baffle might leak with a high pressure pump, and I would also change the fuel pump relay, a higher output pump usually draws more amps

Last edited:
AsScLoWn said:
I was probably half asleep when i wrote that, I ignored the baffle part, I was just babbling about the need for a higher flow pump

yea that baffle might leak with a high pressure pump, and I would also change the fuel pump relay, a higher output pump usually draws more amps

Is there an upgraded relay? or should I just put in a new OEM one? Thanks!

-Jeff-

OEM, even external AN fitting pumps that can handle several hundred hp will work with OEM relays for a while, you dont have to change your relay,but they do fail on higher mileage cars, maybe 20% chance.

I

Back