Hurricane Plan

Still Crusin

In case anyone's wondering, I'll be leaving town, probably tomorrow night and headin' up to San Marcos to stay with wife's friend until this thing figures out where it's goin' and blows outta here. And yes, I'm takin' the SC with me

hey Rick as of now i am staying here, being on the north side i should be fine,depending on its exact track...probably alot of rain and maybe some hurricance force winds, i shouldn't have too many problems, i will probably put my 95 at work in the shop with chris' sc, as for the 35th i am not sure, as i don't have any room for it here in the garage.
If u need anything let me know or chris.
Are u boarding up etc?

Still Crusin said:
In case anyone's wondering, I'll be leaving town, probably tomorrow night and headin' up to San Marcos to stay with wife's friend until this thing figures out where it's goin' and blows outta here. And yes, I'm takin' the SC with me

Sorry I've been away from SCCoA for so long...

Calvin, San Marcos is close to me, if there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Well after watching the news this morning I think I will be leaving town also. My house is old and im sure will fall apart with the winds. We planned to stay and wait it out if it didnt go above a 3 and the news just said it turned to a 3 this morning and wil go to a 5 by tomorrow night. Depending on where we go I might take the sc with me. If so then Robert you can park both here if Wil is cool with it. I just cant take a chance and leave it here. I will be going to the San Antonio area or Dallas area.

I'm working for an insurance company here in the north east and we are removing all of last night tape backups on all servers from the state of Texas to the North East. This must be a huge storm.

If anyone is in the San Antonio area and needs a place to put an SC or other vehicle, we have plenty of space along the street. The garage is full but it should be relatively safe outside and we can keep an eye on it for you.

I got a new Generator (second one), 10 gallons of fresh water I bought plywood yesterday, about 8-10 D cell batt's, 4 flashlights Recarchargeable batteries, 12V batteries (car) an inverter (700 watt), Non perishable food, Perishable food, Ice, Ice chest, 2 gallons of Gatorade, camp stove and fuel. I should be OK, Plus about 100 rounds of 9mm ammo and a carbine and pistol. Plus 3 .22's and by my estimation about 2K rounds for them. I hope all goes well I am sending the Wife and Daughter to Spring or Conroe farther north.

Jeff

rzibilske77 said:
All i can say is DAMN 175MPH sustained!!!!!!!!! :eek: Katrinas' BIG sister
Ya know how the talkin' heads are always tryin' to be dramatic on some beach somewhere when the weather is goin' downhill? I wanna see one of those news idiots on the Galveston Seawall at about 4pm Friday evenin'.

'bird

Yes, i also wish you guys the best of luck, hopefully it looses alot of stregnth, all we need is another big hurricane. Gas prices have already started to increase here in olklahoma.

Be safe, number one thing.

Derek

Help in San Antonio

I live in the San Antonio metroplex. If you're coming this way from Houston, Galveston, Corpus, etc. for the duration of the hurricane and need anything, let me know.

I can be reached at (830) 237-6632.

Jerry Davis

Conan56 said:
Wish you all the best of Luck

I hope this thing misses you guys
Hey, sure appreciate the thought! When a storm does like this one it's kinda hard to miss 600 miles of coastline. I just Don't wish this stuff on nobody.

'bird

WELL YOU GUYS BETTER GET THE HECK OUTTA DODGE!!!

I haven't heard any ot the latest since noonish when the hurricane had weakened alittle... but 150 mph winds is still pretty scary.

I also heard that it was taking about 13 hours to travel 40 miles....

DON"T WAIT TOO LONG!!!

GOOD Luck Guys!!!

Upon further discussion and speaking with several friends that tried Ailica and Renee are staying here. Unless she left unprepared she wouldn't have been able to make it to Conroe so they are staying here. We got the windows covered with plywood today. Everything else is taken care of now just wait.....

Jeff

Hope everyone makes it out alright or get them hatches battoned down.

We started to head west but traffic was to much for the bird. I think the heater core busted and over heated. It seems to be fine on the way back home in Pasadena. We will be heading to the north side early in the morning.

Back