update on engine problem still need help

Traidmarx

ok as some of you know the car has had alot of problem with the idle....everyone said it is probably the IAC valve well i went and started the car again today it's been sitting since friday night. well i started it up today and it idle'd horrible and died out when i 1st started it well i drove it for about 5 or 10 mins.... welll after driving it for a few minutes the problem seemed to have went away and it idled around 800-1000 rpm's and the vaccum stayed right around 20... is that normal ? and any clue if this could still be the iac because i unplugged the IAC while the car was idling and noticed no difference in the way it was idling... i also unplugged the maf and it had no affect on the idle either any thoughts ?

800 rpm and 20 vac is normal , one time i had my trottle body off without unpugging the battery and it idled at 2000 for a week till i unhooked the battery then it was fine . if it runs bad on start up it must be losing fuel pressure somewhere , maybe bad pump or bad pressure regulator or leaky injector , try some stp gas treatment

did you clean the maf?

Tyler

I would also like to add I HATE THE 60 SEC POST RULE,

STILL HASNT BEEN 60 SECS,
AND YET AGIAN,
AND YET AGIAN,
AND YET AGIAN

If you have ever changed the TPS or
have installed a new Throttle body.

Go to post (injectors?) in the technical forum.

It sounds to me from you discription. That you
need to calibrate you Throttle position sensor
to ,950 volt

Randy

If you unpluged the IAC and there was no difference then probably isent working. On a properly working car unpluging the IAC at operating temp will bring idle down to around 550rpm if the motor is cold it will die. As long as you are using the stock TB theres a good chance its the IAC.

Back