Simple Question?

L.A.TBIRD

Do anybody know where you can find the 5.5mm bolts that hold the cranksensor in place on a 90SC AOD. I was 10 minutes from being finish and dropped a screw behind the oil filter, Went to reach for it and it slipped into the abyss. Or any suggestions on a substitute would be greatly apprececiated.

do you mean the cam sensor?

just about any parts store should have something that size. Or you could go to the stealership for it.

Stephen

Just a thought....

Have you tried fishing out the bolt with a magnet attached to a piece of flexible tubing? Might work...

Or, you could take out the other bolt and match it at a hardware or autoparts store...

Thanks for your suggestions. I had to swap screws from the cam sensor and they worked fine. I just replaced the cam sensor screws with some extra ones i had from a maf. Just to let people know be very careful with not losing those screws Ford stealerships said that those screws was discontinued and the only one I found that could special order qouted me $6.50 a screw. Thats $13 for 2 screws at least here in Los Angeles.

Local Hardware Store

I bought a couple of them from a local hardware store. Cost me 35 cents each!!!!

Cost me $30 in tools to get those suckers out. I rounded out three 5.5mm 6pt sockets. Also bought several 5.5mm nutdrivers. What finally did it, was a 5.5mm Impact socket!!!!! From now on those suckers are getting a liberal dose of antiseize compount before going back in.

68COUGAR

Back