EGR Valve Failure !

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
Hey everyone I need some assistance possible concerning my EGR valve. I was running the engine codes on my 95 SC yesterday, and when it came time to do the "Goose test" I noticed a little pinging when I did it. Gave no codes, all was well.

I shut it off removed the test connector and started it back up and it wanted to idle very rough and the check engine light came on. :eek: I though this is very strange. I shut it down again and re-connected the test plug to check engine codes again and it gave me these: 214 DIS cyllinder indentification circuit failure or something like that and also # 332 EGR valve open not detected or something like that.

Could the EGR Valve have gotten partially stuck open or closed when I gave it the "Goose Test" and what does the 214 code even mean? :rolleyes: A new DIS Module. It has never given me any problems until I tried to run the engine codes on it, then bam nothing but issues!!

Need some help, have to get it running properly by the 5th of October (hint hint!!)Thanks ahead of time.

Smitty

Quik95SC said:
Hey everyone I need some assistance possible concerning my EGR valve. I was running the engine codes on my 95 SC yesterday, and when it came time to do the "Goose test" I noticed a little pinging when I did it. Gave no codes, all was well.

I shut it off removed the test connector and started it back up and it wanted to idle very rough and the check engine light came on. :eek: I though this is very strange. I shut it down again and re-connected the test plug to check engine codes again and it gave me these: 214 DIS cyllinder indentification circuit failure or something like that and also # 332 EGR valve open not detected or something like that.

Could the EGR Valve have gotten partially stuck open or closed when I gave it the "Goose Test" and what does the 214 code even mean? :rolleyes: A new DIS Module. It has never given me any problems until I tried to run the engine codes on it, then bam nothing but issues!!

Need some help, have to get it running properly by the 5th of October (hint hint!!)Thanks ahead of time.

Smitty

Clear the codes and see what happens when you drive it.

the only time mine pinged i think the cats were clogged and melted the transducer black sensor on back of the intake to the egr ,i never had egr probs yet over 230 k miles , i would clear the codes and try it again

Unbelievable!

Well neither the EGR Valve or IAC Fixed the very rough idle. Don't have a vacuum leak so to speak. Low vacuum, but not on the outside of engine Read on!!) I removed the oil fill cap and massive amount of blowby are coming out of the oil fill tube. Obviously not a good sign. Took the throttle body off and founf tons of oil in the intake system as well as the lower intercooler tube. Decided to do a compression test, the #5 cylinder only had 30# of compression while the rest had 165-160. Thought great HG's blown into an oil passage. Took upper engine apart and found HG's are good to go. No bad spots anywhere.

So wtf is with the 30# compression test?

Broken piston ring!!! What a joy! ow well at least it did it now before the SC Shootout. I should things back together by then. Will keep you posted.

Smitty

Back