Electrical FUN

95scfan

I have a 95 sc and it does some wierd ~~~~ the lights on the interior don't work and the power door locks don't work the keyless enrty doesn't work. Its alot of fun. The fuses and relays are good but I think its the relay #3 that is for the park lamps and the taillights that comes on and ti takes a few seconds for it to happen and they stay on even if the car is off and the light switch is off. I have no idea as to what it could be. The electric and battery guy says that the carneeds and interior light module???? WTF is that? They keyless entry from what I hear is in the trunk and there is a ribbon or something that after awhile it falls down and makes contact with the board and shorts some ~~~~ out? If any of this is making some sense please feel free to add a comment I will try to post some pics of the front and rear on this page but I have had bad luck thus far to doing it so here goes nothing

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

thanks

Attachments

• parklampson.jpg
    parklampson.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 270
  • rearlightson.jpg
    rearlightson.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 270
I do not have an EVTM for that car but I think it multiplexed some of the interior stuff through the module with the locks. Punch a button the lights come on right? He is probably correct.

Chris

so its probably the interior light module?

well thats 180 and time to put it in fun fun fun

thanks

Try this first: There are 2 silver fuses in the fuse panel under the dash. They are all metal and look a little bigger than the regular fuses. See if one of them is HOT to the touch. IF it is, that means it is "OPEN" (They are actuallly circuit breakers). IF it is hot, try unplugging all of the electrical connections under both seats (2 or 3 plugs on each side) Give the fuses time to cool down and see if the power to your locks & keyless have returned. IF so that means one or both of your seat motors have a short.

but both of the seats work does that matter? and the fuses are kinda warm but I think it might be the engine heating up the cabin the firewall must not be very good I can feel the engine heat in the drivers seat

Will the interior light module affect the keyless entry?

Like I said earlier, I THINK it will but I do not have the proper EVTM to check. The reason again is because when you touch your buttons on the door, the interrior lights light up right?

Chris

no I have no lights anywhere It could be the bulbs I have not checked them I will do that tomorrow but the likleyhood that they all are bad is slim but the keyless entry would work then if that was the case

thanks for the help

You are missing my point. Usually when you touch the entry pad, the interrior lights would come on right? Now, since that is the case on MY car, I would say it was safe to assume that the interrior light module is bad. I would definately check out the EVTM to be sure. Make sure you got power in and check for power out when you press the correct buttons. If you have no power on the ground side, then its the module.

Chris

I get nothing when I push anything It is like all the bulbs are dead but the electrical guy says its the module. do you know where its located one of the posts said something about the keyless entry module in the trunk along the drivers side wall by the fuel shut off switch???

thank you for the help and being so patient I am new to this whole thing

The one in the trunk is the door lock module. The one I believe you are looking for is the interrior lighting module. Its different but I cant help ya with the location.

Chris

Really interested in what you find out on this car because my 93 is doing pretty much the same thing since the turbo system was installed.

Remote locks don't work, interior lights don't work (except dash lights) power locks don't work, dash lights start blinking off and on if door is open with ignition on. Not getting any parking lights staying on.

David

Yours sounds like a related problem Dave. I would venture to guess that the reason the lights blink is because the facrotry alarm is going off but was hacked out of the original wiring. It may be tougher to fix.

Chris

I have checked the wires as far as I could see I didn't do the seat thing because they work but like all good advice its worth a try but I haven't had the time to do it yet because of the problem I am having not If you want the scoop its under holy ~~~~ whats the deal now please check that one if you know anything about the irs bushing or the rear end for that matter

thanks

I had a similar problem once it also afected my cooling fan there is a relay on the left sidenear the left light in the hood . when you open the hood it is at the front left corner in front of the air filter. it has about 4 relays in the case.this may be part of the problem or may be not. This one also runs the lights

kalipso said:
I had a similar problem once it also afected my cooling fan there is a relay on the left sidenear the left light in the hood . when you open the hood it is at the front left corner in front of the air filter. it has about 4 relays in the case.this may be part of the problem or may be not. This one also runs the lights

After the v8 conversion, my 93 SC no longer has an ICRM, so it must be something else.

David

I saw that on my sc any ideas on how to get it out it looks like you just unsnap the snaps and the bolt on the front side and then shabam it should come out. But do I have to take out the air box??? I need to molest the car and take out the air silencer tube but I can't get the wheels off fahking locking lug nuts anyways..

thanks.

Back