Firing Order question

wisupercoupe

This may sound a little dumb. So the #1 coil spot goes to the #1 cyclinder. Then #2 coil spot goes to the #4 cylinder and so on, correct? I think I may have two wires flip flopped. It's been on of those summers. Too many beers in the garage and not enough work being done.

He ya go.

PlugandWireLayout.jpg

David

I have the printout. I am wondering if the #2 on the coil pack goes to the #2 cylinder or is the #4 cylinder. That's where I think I may have it messed up. Oops, I think I have the #5 and #6 cylinders backwards.

wisupercoupe said:
I have the printout. I am wondering if the #2 on the coil pack goes to the #2 cylinder or is the #4 cylinder. That's where I think I may have it messed up. Oops, I think I have the #5 and #6 cylinders backwards.

The wires should be installed so that the #2 on the coil pack goes on the #2 plug as shown on the diagram, and do the same with the other five cylinders.

David

Problem solved! The firing order was right. I had a loose boot on one of the cylinders. So I whipped a couple doghnuts in the work parking lot this morning. Thanks again for all of the help.

Last edited:
Back