hooker aerochamber's???

4cefed

Has anyone installed these on their sc? How do they sound? They are advertised to flow only 5% less air than straight 2 1/2" pipe. I have been debating whether or not to run these or install the thrush turbos I had bought for the 5-oh bird, but never got around to. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I have those on my car, but I also have a summit glasspack at the end of each downtube.

It sounds real clean and crisp especially with a cam.

I had them with a magnaflow resonator, they sounded like crap so I got rid of them and got the borlas. The borlas sound 100% better.

maybe not then...

would anyone recommend against a mandrel bent system w/ no cats, 2 1/2"-3"-2 1/2" with the turbo's?

super red91 said:
I had them with a magnaflow resonator, they sounded like crap so I got rid of them and got the borlas. The borlas sound 100% better.
mines quiet and sounds good. Not raspy in the least

He said he has a 5.0 so it won't sound raspy. He has two more cylinders pushing air through the exhaust to deepen up the tone.

AsScLoWn said:
you said hooker
You're a hooker..........j/k :cool:

Instead of the cats I have summit glasspacks.

My tranmission will be done on tuesday so I will start putting it together then. I have college classes to go to so I probably wont get it done for a couple of days. My motor is all put together I'm just waitin for the tranny.

Thanks for the concern, Mike :)

How's yours comin along?

CMac89 said:
You're a hooker..........j/k :cool:

Instead of the cats I have summit glasspacks.

My tranmission will be done on tuesday so I will start putting it together then. I have college classes to go to so I probably wont get it done for a couple of days. My motor is all put together I'm just waitin for the tranny.

Thanks for the concern, Mike :)

How's yours comin along?

I'm still waitin fo' the ole lady to help me put the dash back in... I swapped a 93 dash into the 90, so ALL the wiring had to be swapped, and I also tapped into some wiring for my PLX datalogger/wideband meter, and FINALLY installed the EEC tuner... The new dash is NICE and uncracked, and is also very plyable!

I did the non-abs "upgrade," added pbr calipers, and got a double IC, raised top, bhj, underdrives, 5% jackshaft, new nitrous solenoids, TB, MAF, and all kinds of crap I aint put together yet. Its gonna be kewl to have all these mods at once! All I really had before was a bootleg CAI, and exhaust... the nitrous never really worked. So it should be a fairly substantial kick in the pants once I get her back on the road!

All I'm waiting on are the 42s and headers to get back from the Houston area :eek: Then she'll be good to go for a little while!

I've decided to figure out the tuner and test everyting on the old motor. The M90 I've been porting is using "aluminum epoxy" instead of welding up the extra area to port into... I beat on it with a big hammer fairly hard, and it never budged, so I think its gonna do OK; but I wanna test it out for a little while first.

When I get the new motor in, all I'll have to tune for is the cam and head porting I did, which included the 1.625 ex valves :cool:

I figured when I graduated back in the spring, I'd have all kinds of time to work on it, but we just got a 69 stang for the wife, and I drive a 73 F100 when the SC is down, and these old vehicles are taking up all my time.

Anyways, glad you asked :eek:

Last edited:
Fair enough :) keep me updated on how everything goes. I'll do like ways

You said comin, clown

Back