Time share of diagnostic software for 92-95 SCs

Peterdroy66

Who is interested in being part of a diagnostic time share software and cable for 92-95 SC's?

http://www.obd2.com/personal/personal_fordeec4.htm

This is of most interest to 92+ years because they support DCL data, which means we can see sensor data in real time using a laptop. This is much more helpful than the self test and continuous memory code storage in the EEC.

I would like to buy this and split it with a few guys in the west end who would want to use it. It is $350us for the software and cable. It would be nice to have 5 people in on this. Any takers?

Pete

Pete, what are the advantages to having this tool available versus a multimeter or CDN Tire code reader?

Based on a 5 part ownership it appears that shareholders will have to invest about $100 CDN each.

Mr. Vengust showed some interest in the idea of centralizing specialty tools such as fuel line/ac line tool, hub nut remover, an intercooler upper intake wrench, balancer puller etc and this diagnostic tool.

We can finance this via a membership tool charge, proceeds from the sales of donated parts, t-shirt sales or having Andrew Wang sell chocolate bars in front of the liquor store. :D

See sensor values as they happen

This is MUCH better than code readers.
With this software, cable and laptop you can look at exactly what each sensor or signal is indicating.
HEGO switching for example, TPS voltage, etc etc
This is the best way to get to the bottom of those kind or intermittent type problems, much more definitive than guestimation and swapping or parts.
Pete

peter,
Is there any way this will on a older car I know it says 90 and up eec 4.
there is another thing like this out there that does work on all eec.

long shot

All SCs are EEC-IV
In 1992 some fords including SC's incorporated "DCL", there are two wires twisted pairs in the EEC test connector. This was prior to OBDII.
What I am talking about is only for DCL enabled cars.
When I had my 90' I started, but never completed trying to determine what changes would be required to run a 92 EEC in the 90 for the sake of having this feature, but this never got done.
Stock 90 - NO, If you want to work out the differences and use a 92 in your 90 , yes but all I can do is give you schematics and let you figure it out.
Pete

QUOTE=Jason Wild]peter,
Is there any way this will on a older car I know it says 90 and up eec 4.
there is another thing like this out there that does work on all eec.[/QUOTE]

Back