Texas Thunderbirds - to whom it...

tbird88

Short, not too sweet but...

Being east of Houston,Texas sometimes has its pros & cons, today it's the latter. Anyone that has ordered parts or is due some change ($) on a previous deal, please hang on for a few days or so.

We are evacuating like countless others, hopin' to make it to north or east Texas or nw Louisiana and will be out of touch for a few days. It's 3pm Thurs afternoon, we are leavin' within the hour.

Here's hopin' my word on any current or semi-current transaction is good for the moment.

thank ya much, gotta pack the computer in the trunk and skidaddle.

'bird

ps: Jeff & Vernon...sure hope you do okay over there.

Good luck man. Hope all goes well. We would truely hate to see this hurricane do the kind of damage that Katrina did. Hopefully the gov't is on the ball and will be there to control the looting and mayhem this time.

Take care.

Tracy

XR7inWI said:
...Hopefully the gov't is on the ball and will be there to control the looting and mayhem this time.

I'd be willing to bet that won't be a problem in Texas... and no thanks to the Federal government.

Stay dry fellas.

I hope you stay safe and out of harms way...not only hang on to your shorts...but keep a cleen pair with ya...

Chris

XR7inWI said:
Good luck man. Hope all goes well. We would truely hate to see this hurricane do the kind of damage that Katrina did. Hopefully the gov't is on the ball and will be there to control the looting and mayhem this time.

Take care.

Tracy

on Fox news, one of the guys said that the PO-lice in Houston vowed to protect against looters.

I say shoot em!

I just moved off the coast thank god, but now i am in central east texas and about to get the tail end of Rita and bring on the tornados :( stay safe everyone effected by this, and stay off the roads, highway 6 here in waco took 4 hours to go 2 miles :eek:

shane

I don't know what the news is like in everyone elses area but smetimes I think it's nuts that everyone is leaving None of the gas stations have gas. I bought supplies early and have been preparing for a storm like this for a while. To me this is going to be a bad storm , but the media turns it into a frenzy. We are going to have people stranded on the interstates During the hurricane. I drove under 290 several times today over a 3 hour peroid and say the same 2 trucks on the overpass. I filled up earlier in the week and today topped off the tank in my car (didn't drive the other one) and a few gas cans, and a length of hose to siphon gas for the generator.

Instead of nonstop coverage they should every few hours tell people the people that need to leave that they should.

Wynn in your case I which you well and since you are now in an area that needs to leave you have made the right choice.

Good luck Wynn and Sam be safe.

Jeff

Good luck.. Hope you don't lose anything :D Atleast nothing you wasn't already missing before the hurricane :D

-Melon

The thing that really makes me wonder is... How the heck are they gonna stop the looting and destruction. I'm sure most everyone else has seen and read how terrible things got in Louisiana. What's gonna stop that from happening in Texas? Sure there may be a few cops that try to control the situaton, but you can bet yer *** there will also be cops like ones in Louisiana the joined in on the looting and rolled away shopping carts full of stuff that would definately NOT be considered neccesities.

How bout the thousands that were displaced from their homes, and cities like Houston opened up their arms and said "come on in, we'll help you"? The vollunteers were "thanked" by getting cursed at, put down and ordered around like servants. People feared for their life and didn't dare go in the restrooms for fear of being raped and/or killed. NOW hurricane Rita is headed for the area that so many of the refugees from Katrina fled to. These people will likely raise hell in Texas like they never have before as it is not THEIR town.

Personally, I hope the military is sent in with orders to shoot to kill on ANYONE seen comitting the kinds of crimes witnessed in Louisiana. And especially the loosers that shoot and steal from the very people that are trying to help and rescue them. If that kind of crap continues, the gov't may have no choise but to declare a state of Marshal Law and then the **** will hit the fan.

To all those GOOD people that have been affected by all this and to the one trying to get away from the one that's coming... My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe, be smart and take care of yourselves and your families.

Tracy

XR7inWI said:
The thing that really makes me wonder is... How the heck are they gonna stop the looting and destruction. I'm sure most everyone else has seen and read how terrible things got in Louisiana. What's gonna stop that from happening in Texas? Sure there may be a few cops that try to control the situaton, but you can bet yer *** there will also be cops like ones in Louisiana the joined in on the looting and rolled away shopping carts full of stuff that would definately NOT be considered neccesities.

How bout the thousands that were displaced from their homes, and cities like Houston opened up their arms and said "come on in, we'll help you"? The vollunteers were "thanked" by getting cursed at, put down and ordered around like servants. People feared for their life and didn't dare go in the restrooms for fear of being raped and/or killed. NOW hurricane Rita is headed for the area that so many of the refugees from Katrina fled to. These people will likely raise hell in Texas like they never have before as it is not THEIR town.

Personally, I hope the military is sent in with orders to shoot to kill on ANYONE seen comitting the kinds of crimes witnessed in Louisiana. And especially the loosers that shoot and steal from the very people that are trying to help and rescue them. If that kind of crap continues, the gov't may have no choise but to declare a state of Marshal Law and then the **** will hit the fan.

To all those GOOD people that have been affected by all this and to the one trying to get away from the one that's coming... My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe, be smart and take care of yourselves and your families.

Tracy

We should be able to hold our own on this one. We know it's a biggie, and some of us have been getting "prepared" earlier.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=452781&postcount=7

thread.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68178

XR7inWI said:

Well that is exactly what happened after Hygo hit Charleston SC. I'm from SC, and my dad went with his company to help the day after it hit. The story they got from all over was the SC National Guard shot a few people and *poof* the looting ceased in a matter of hours. The population in that area was similar in economic background to N.O., cept not as large. Lots of poor folks and governmnet subsidized projects...

I say shoot a few of the worthless bastards, and they'll get skeered and quit, or more will be shot...

I say shoot until the looting stops??

I mean what kind of sorryness is that :mad: Taking advantage of a horrible situation, and stealing everything you can get your hands on...

Ya'll seen that idiot trying to bring 10 pairs of Nikes in the resuce basket with him :mad:

They should have left that worthless thug there to spend the next month in the nasty sludge with his new Nikes...

Last edited:
Back