Need rear suspension advice

Dahoopd

Ok, I have major issues with my rear suspension and I would prefer to replace the items as needed than replace all parts at one time as I do on everything.

My rear has a vibration, rattle like a set of keys underneath during bumps and bangs during shifts. ( assuming the bang is U-joints) Anyone got some pointers. I have gotten under the car and beat the mess out of everthing in the air and on the ground and still have found no loose ends. Thanks again, Damian

raise the rear end and see if there is any play in the wheels (shake them)

recently i had to replace all the bushings on the rear of my bird... not that long of a job....

Can you help me out here....what bushings. Isolators, control arms...etc. Thanks for the responce.

what specifically do you need help with, removal directions? the bushings, there are 4 back there, will run about $42 a piece for moog. make sure that you get 2 eccentrics and 2 non eccentrics.

ThePikey said:
what specifically do you need help with, removal directions? the bushings, there are 4 back there, will run about $42 a piece for moog. make sure that you get 2 eccentrics and 2 non eccentrics.

What are the bushings for.....shocks, sway bar, upper/lower control. What bushings to replace. Is there a complete rear bushing kit including everyhting.

Usually the upper control arm, inner eccentric bushings will be worn. The outer bushings for the upper arm are located in the knuckle. Those also will be worn. They will replace easily enough. The inner are a bit more trouble. You will need to make a spacer to fit in between the inner sides of the arm to prevent crushing whike installing the bushings.

Bushings

MN12 performance sell the rear knuckle kit. This kit includes the outer control arm bushings, upper and lower.

You will then need the Control Arm to Frame Lower control arm bushings 2 ea(2 each side) (Front and Rear on the control arm are different) Then you will need the upper control arm to frame bushing 2 ea (1 for each side). This is the one that adjust your rear toe in. look very carefully at your rear sway bar bushing and end links. My bushings were OK but the endlinks had no rubber left on the and were very loose. Would give you the Moog part number, but not sure what year your SC is. Just replaced mine because of the loud clunking sound especially during stop and go traffic. Huge difference.

Smitty

You might also want to check the rear differential bushings. MN12 Performance sells replacements. There should also be a how to floating around on their website.

Back