No Boost

ZeroRain

Ok, today i bled my clutch and took the 89 for a spin. i poped into reverse alright backed up then put it into first. slowly took off and got out to the street. i eased into it and got rollen then slammed on the throttle to find no balls at all and no boost at all???? when i put it into second it seemedlike it had alittle more but still no boost??? please help me.

You've got a leak somewhere in the intake system after the supercharger. Get a buddy to help and see if you can track down and whoosing noises or noises like air escaping while under the hood and someone blips the throttle. Check for loose connections on the IC tubes sand such.

Describe how you pulled the trans to do the clutch. Did you support the rear of the engine or did it drop a bit?

i know for a fact that my lower IC tube isnt all the way down it seems to shake loose sometimes and i didnt do anything to the tranny. all i did was added some brake fluid and pumped the sucker some. i knew it had some clutch but the pedal was limp

i would bypass the boost control seloniod its on dr side behind the master cylinder i just connevted the 2 vacuum hoses and let it plugged in to the electric connecter

ok, at the risk of sounding stupid... Have you popped your hood since you've had this symptom? Do yuo still have your normal high vacuum at idle? I guess what i'm trying to get at is: Have you checked to make sure your belt didn't snap? i'd hope that you would've thought of that, but i hope this problem is as easy as that to fix... best of luck to you.

ok so what i did tonight was i tightend up all the IC pipes and then double checked. fired it up and i have vac then i took off and im putting out about 7-8psi now.

Back