getting a new toy 2morrow..

Miller

eh its not a sc.... but im gettin a good deal on it through my boss's friend.....he needs room in the garage FASt because his grand national gets its paint job 2day.... its a 1987 trans am with a 383 stroker built by merkel... it was only started by merkel for the dyno which was 400 hp, and was never driven ....i have to finish puttin the tranny,belts,radiator and headers on but other then that its good to go.... and im only paying $2300 for it ;) ....

just outa curiousity, can any1 give me a ballpark on what it would run approx in the 1/4 witht he 400 hp at the crank and a 3.73 rear.. its an auto..

Good deal

Wow great deal

Thats a nice deal if evereything you were told is true

That car should Run high 12s On a decent street tire

I had a 89 Formula with a worked 350 It had 342 hp at the rear wheels
I ran 12.70-12.80s all day long trapping anywhere from 106-108
I suspect your car would run similar times

Last edited:
It would be good for low 13's depending on how well the car is built and especially the driver. A car is only as good as its driver :rolleyes:

13's nothing. A friend of mine threw a 383 in a 86 C4 vette. It wasn't even that great of a build...just over 400HP at the motor. He pulled a 12.80 on his first pass through a slushbox. Funny that he paid about that much just to have the 383 done and you got a whole car for that much :)

Micah

eh i talked to the guy this morning...i was supposed to pick it up 2night.. but i learned today that the car has been sitting in his garage untouched for 12 years.......so im just going to pass on it befor i end up with a headache...oh wells...

Back