My car dosen't beep when I leave my lights on - how can I fix this?

jhanseling

When I turn off my car, sometimes I forget to turn off my lights, and on most other cars I've owned/driven, the car will beep at me to remind me to turn off my lights. Well, my car dosen't do that, and never has since I bought it two months ago. My question is, is this wrong, should the car beeep? And if yes, how would I go about fixing this? Thanks

Interior Beep

ok... you should look for a small black box on the passenger side under the dash. I would recommend you take of the glove box (it has about 6 screws underneath) this will remove the lower cover of the dash as well. once the glove box is off, you should see the black box that has two screws holding it to the frame, that is the piece that you need to change...

Fuse box...

towards the front (farther from you) of the fuse box there are two harnesses. the one to the left may be unplugged.

If the dinger still dings when you leave your keys in the ignition then the warning chime module behind the glove box is ok.

What fixed it?

My dinger was out so I got one from the junkyard and it works now but dont think it dings with the lights on after shutdown.

What did you do to fix your problem?

Thanks,
james

Back