Is anybody nere tulsa swaping A 5.0 into a sc? If so here is a junkyard that has 5,0

blown96bird

If anybody is planing on swaping a 5.0 into a sc or 3.8 here is a salvage that has a 5.0 bird that is being parted out. It is missing the altnator, the ps pump looks trased but is there, the distributor is missing wiring to it was cut. Here is the good news It has all the brackets, intake, fuel rails fuel lines, AC compressor probly junk but is there along with the lines not cut, the ps pump is there lines intact, smog pump intact, exhaust manifolds, and all AC lines are intact to the condenser to the evaprator, throttle cables intact. The salvages name is "all parts u pull and save" salvage it is at 1615 E pine tulsa ok.

I sorced a set of motor mounts from another 5.0 bird that I am selling for 40.00 and that includes shipping. For the people that don't know when you swap a 5.0 into where a SC motor was you must use 5.0 bird motor mounts that mount to the block. Ford discontinued these a long time back and the only source is salvage yards and 5.0 birds and cougars are few and far inbetween It is not the mount that is hard to find its the brackets which was discontinued.

Blown96bird@hotmail.com

Last edited:
the mount is the same it is the brackets that are totaly diffrent which ford discontinued. no other bracket can be used to install a 5.0.

And depending on what year the 5.0 t-bird mounts came out of, they may not work with an SC either. The motor and brackets that were used for my 93 SC 5.0 conversion came out of a 91 LX and they would not fit the 93 SC without major rework.

So stick with the same year car your planning to convert and the job will go much easier.

David

Back