JBL Stereo Question

89sc5spd

My radio isnt working, car has been sitting awhile before i bought it, when radio is on, it makes a very faint fuzz sound from the passenger side, CD player doenst seem to be "taking in" the cds i put in it, tried a tape and the radio wouldnt eject it, but the lights come on when the radio is on and after i put in the tape it reads "tape" and an occasional "1" or "2"below it, I'm not sure what the problem is, and i know its pretty broad, but i was hoping someone can give me and overview or possibly had the same problem and fixed it.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

JBL Radio

Well it could be that the CD is disconnected from the back of the head unit (top piece). The fuzzy sound could be comming from the JBL factory amp, the amps probably worn out. perhaps a shop might be able to fix it for you. try checking behind the radio to make sure the CD player is connected.

thanks for your suggestions, checked behind the radio, everything was hooked up ok, so i tryed to hook it up again and try again, still didnt work, ill take a look at the CD player.

The CD is probably bad,happens a lot,I've replaced mine 4 times in the last 18 months.If you place a grounding plug in the the slot where the CD plugs in on the back of the radio,the radio will usually work.Best bet is to buy a wiring harness adapter and upgrade to a better CD unit.

T CD Changer Brand
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who makes the factory CD changer for an '89 SC??

Are there any aftermarket head units that are compatible w/ it?

Thanks!

j57ltr2
SC Fanatic
(3/1/02 12:55:29 am )

Re: CD Changer Brand
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony. Most Sony CD's with changer (and some Blaupunkt) controls from that era will work.

This is from the TBSCEC forum,hope it helps:

Last edited:
Back