radiator

defect

Am in the process of installing MP front mount ic. Never had an overheating problem but was wondering if anyone made their radiators wider to take advantage of the stock IC not there anymore? Also, 175,000 miles and taking off the stock balancer and it looks to be in good shape!!! Should I put a new crank sensor in since it is torn down this far? :)

defect said:
Should I put a new crank sensor in since it is torn down this far? :)

Yes, if you have it down that far put one in. It's easier now then later. :D

I know I'm dragging up old posts, but hey, at least I'm using the search feature, right?!:D

I have been reading like a maniac these posts about overheating, especially the ones relating to the FMIC, and was thinking the same thing that "defect" was. I read that it's not really the size of the radiator, but the flow and supply of cool air that's causing most of the problem, but I have to believe that a larger (read: wider) radiator installed to take up the unused space vacated by the removal of the stock intercooler would only add to the efficiency of the cooling system.

Am I right or is this a false statement? If a wider radiator would help with cooling, has anyone found one that fits well and occupies this space?

~Matt

Back