Rebuild or just do head gaskets?

Grims95SC

I blew them last night comming home from racing. I had to drive for 5 min at highway speeds (110kmh) before I could find somewhere safe to pull over. The shoulders on the highway are smaller than my SC!
Now I could go the low $ route and just have my heads checked, milled ported etc... and do my head gaskets. Or I could do a full rebuild. My worry is how much coolant in that time made its way through the engine. Obviously if I do a rebuild now I won't have to worry for a really long time but my engine only has 145000kms on it so far, its not that beat up.
What do you guys think?

It also depends on how long you want your SC to be down, how much money you want to put into the engine, your future mods, how fast you ultimately want to go..... The list could go on. My HG's went in April and since my 'Bird isn't my daily driver, it's currently parked and I'm working on an engine to go in. The engine itself won't be 100% rebuilt, but will have heads and cam plus a few other upgrades/goodies over stock :D

If you've got the time and money - I'd say rebuild it and have a lil fun with the car at the same time.

-Melon

Well I was done with it for the year and wouldn't be driving her much next year til mid summer cause that's when I'll finally finish school even if it was running. I'd love to do a lot to my heads, cam and other goodies too. I'm in no hurry but I just want to make sure I make the best choice and not spend more than I have to eh?

Back