EGR and Climate Control

Vince_Hayduk

After lurking here for about a year and looking for a SC, my wife and I are proud owners of a 1994 Pearl White Auto SC. I finally found one in good shape with low kms and for a 1/2 decent price :) Now for the ?'s

1) The previous owner warned me that he sometimes got a CE light he thought was related to the PCV valve. I've noticed that the CE light comes on ONLY when going up hills and under part throttle. Usually it goes out in a few seconds, but sometime it stays until the ignition is cycled. I get a code 335. Does this point to the sensor or the EGR valve itself? Should I attempt to fix this problem or just do a delete and forget about EGR all together? We don't have emissions checks where I live.

2) The climate control won't turn off! When the selector is put in the OFF position, I hear the vacuum motor move, but the fan keeps on going. I've also noticed (and a code 539 confirms) that the A/C compressor is always cycling regardless of the position of the selector switch. What worries me more is that the low speed fan is NOT on even though the A/C compressor is running. All the other selector switch positions seem to work fine. Any ideas about this?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to being more active now that we have a SC of our own!

BTW: My sig contains the current and planned (near future) mods for the car. Comments and suggestions please!

Vince

Back